Author Topic: Dead Squirrel  (Read 8162 times)

Offline Restless

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Dead Squirrel
« on: August 27, 2009, 08:29:30 pm »
I headed out for a walk today with Gibson and Brandi and we spied a dead squirrel on the road. It was freshly killed. One of them got it and the chase was on. Here I am in the middle of the road with two 100 lbs. dogs having a tug of war with a dead squirrel. We headed for home, squirrel and all. We made it home and I throw the dead animal out in the long grass. I wish someone had a camera of this.

Offline newf_owner

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Squirrel
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:36:09 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAH!!!!!!!!!

OMG, i used to live in wv, and in the woods there, people hunt, and i dunno like some times they leave tha animals, or they gut it and leave part of it, it can be really nasty,

me and a friend were walking her dog, and we looked down to see him happily walking (a little behind us) with a deer leg in his mouth!!! OH MY GOD!!! we were both like EWW OMG PUT IT DOWN!!!

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 10:04:54 am »
I Agree put Down,give them a sock,somthing with out germ's!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:09:11 pm »
Ewwww! having that said, I think we've all been there :D Back at the beginning of spring, Lucca has just turned one year old, I was walking him in this huge park with my brand spanking new boyfriend (we had been dating for about a week), and suddenly Lucca picked up a dead squirrel... only that this one had been dead for a while! it was flat and totally gross and rubbery >__< Thanks goodness I actually had a drool rag with me that time! because I might have just let him eat it otherwise... So we both (2 adults) wrestled this 100+ lb puppy to get him to let go of the gross dead squirrel -which he just would not do! so I had to pry his mouth open and pull the thing out (using the drool rag!) by force! and it took us like half an hour!! ugh. gross.. I can't believe he didn't get worms from that :P
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline Gwenstone

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Gwenstone Mastiffs
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 11:32:21 am »
LOL!  You're worried about a dead squirrel???  I've got a dead Buck, 3 pt, in my neighbor's field.  My dogs have already found it.  The stench is unbelievable and the vultures have had their piece of it as well. 

I saw birds circling so I took one of my dogs and a BIG stick to investigate (thoughts of the movie "The Birds" came to mind.).  My neighbor couldn't care less.  The township only takes care of the carcasses on the road...not on private property. 

So, be glad it's only a squirrel.

A couple years back, my neighbor had an English Setter pup that we use to take care of...feed,etc.  His name was 'Yukon".  Yukon was so grateful that he brought us a present and left it at the back door...a Deer leg! 

Bes
Gwenstone Mastiffs
www.gwenstone. com