Great Pyrenees > Great Pyrenees Discussions

My dog was murdered last weekend

(1/5) > >>

truckerdave:
See attached photo of dog with wife. Not quite 2 years old, 130 pounds. Pyrenees/Wolf? mix. He was deliberately sideswiped by a pickup truck last friday night after midnight. He was loose and "helping" the ol lady clean out a shed and ran after a loud speeding pickup(he hated them)before she could stop him. She saw them come over on the wrong side of the road to sideswipe him. I saw the marks and they did hit him over on the grass. I live on a pretty deserted country road with only 3 houses past me until it turns into  gravel and goes into a state forest. No one lives back there for miles. Got to talk to sheriff today and complain about speeders. No reason for this much traffic traveling at insane speeds down this way. Something is going on back in the woods on weekends, drinking parties maybe. Anyway my dog is gone and i'll never eat a coconut stack candy without thinking of the big dog who would knock you down for one. This will be my last post.

samsmom:
I'm so sorry. I know you just must be gutted. I would deff. talk to your Sheriff Dept. I too just 2 weeks ago lost my baby Sam to a pick up. But in fairness it was not the drivers fault. But to have someone deliberately hit your friend is just criminal. I hope that your heart heals and that in time you can give that love to another fur-baby. Again many blessings and hopefully some peace to you and your family
Chris

truckerdave:
Thanks, i know the sheriff and i talked to him earlier today about the speeding vehicles. Not much i can do about them hitting my dog, can't prove it even though the ol lady saw it. At least it was a dog they killed and not a child. I gave the sheriff a description of the worst of the speeding vehicles, the one that hit the dog. Teenagers, of course. They now know someone saw them and they haven't been back down this way. Not going into details, but i believe as far as the local residents are concerned, this might be somewhat akin to hitting John Gotti's dog. To put it mildly, i'm not generally looked upon as being a particularly nice guy.  LOL

Pyrlove:
I am so sorry for your dogs Samsmom and Trucker BUT WHY? WHY? where your dogs running loose? No matter where you live you can always use underground fencing IF you care  :-\

samsmom:

--- Quote from: Pyrlove on August 28, 2009, 05:53:08 pm ---I am so sorry for your dogs Samsmom and Trucker BUT WHY? WHY? where your dogs running loose? No matter where you live you can always use underground fencing IF you care  :-\

--- End quote ---

I don't/didn't let Sam run loose. He got out of his yard, where he had a fence and a long line. He pulled his head out of his collar. And pushed under the fence.I never left him totally un-attended but for a few minutes at a time. I had just put him out to dig in his hole and checked on him after getting my coffee. about 5-10 min. Sam, was deaf so we saw him headed down the hill and tried to run to catch him. But he out ran us to the street about 1/8 mile down the road. He ran right in front of a Pickup that couldn't stop or see in the fog. Sam couldn't hear him. I watched that dog like one of my actual skin-children. I loved him and always will. So it was not like we "let" him run loose. I have never had this happen and I have had dogs all my life. I'm sorry if I sound mad, but I am and to suggest to someone that has recently lost a beloved friend that they didn't care enough or do enough is just harsh and cruel.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version