Newfoundlands > Newfoundland Discussions

Sheba is Limping on her back paw!

(1/3) > >>

NewfLover:
I got home this morning and I noticed that Sheba was walking funny so I took a closer look and she is not putting any weight at all on her back left leg!  She tends to limp here and there after resting for awhile but nothing like this - she wouldn't even come to me for a cookie!  I always worry about the ACL tears with my 3 Big Paws and I fear that we may be facing just that with her.  We noticed a prickly branch near where she was sitting but I don't see anything in the pads.  Of course, the vet just closed at 1:00 so I don't know if I should take her to the Animal ER or wait until Monday and have her checked.

What do you guys think?  Advice anyone? :'(

waffles717:
Wash it parozide on it,to,and a sock,over night!

newf_owner:
if there is some thing stuck in her paw (like way down in there ) it might be very hard to see and she would deff. refuse to walk on it, untill the thorn or what ever is removed (we took a trip to arizona once, and there are these weird cactus plants EVERY WHERE and my dog gon a very tiny very pointy thorn stuck between his toes, i had to carry him) so yeah, but i dunno, the best bet would be to see your vet

NewfLover:
We gave it overnight and she still won't bear any weight on the back leg.  However, she does seem to have full Range of Motion without pain so I think that is a good sign!  We just finished wrapping her paw in hydrogen peroxide and are going to see how she is tomorrow.  Most likely a vet visit tomorrow.   :-\  It was like she knew I was trying to help her because she just let me wrap the foot in gauze and put a sock over her leg, which is not like her! :'(

I'll keep you guys posted tomorrow!

waffles717:
oh the poor baby i feel so bad maggie had a limp once she had to get a shot,But with this it could have went up the foot,the vet will let u know,they are are kids,when Beethoven had his Declaws out oh it took so long to heal, he is know almost 6mos he is our secon't saint is 120 pounds very big,baby,we lost our molly at four years old to Bloat,so i really am carfull,but nothing we need wrong, just sad,and so hard to get over,but Beethoven fills our Hearts!!let me know how u make out,could be a little tiny slinter,i bet,gave a infection?marylee!!hugs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version