Author Topic: dont tell me dogs dont know what they did!!!!  (Read 8552 times)

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
Re: dont tell me dogs dont know what they did!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2005, 02:34:48 pm »
so I guess summed up..  dogs know full well what they did.. they just don't connect the action of doing the deed with the result of the deed. I think most people have a problem understanding that because it just simply makes no sense to us as intellectuals.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2005, 02:41:14 pm »
Well said Bear.  :)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2005, 04:01:41 pm »
I could tell immediatley when Tulsa had done something that she considered 'wrong'.
When she had been good, she would give me the 'One eyebrow raised' look when I walked through the door. And waited until I called her to me.
When she had done something wrong, she would greet me at the door with this 'Gee Dad, I couldn't help myself.' look on her face and then disappear into the laundry room and wait for my rant. I'd find chewed shoes, camera equipment, stuff that mattered!
I would look at her and shake my head, and pour a drink, sit in my chair, and call her in. She'd come in with her head down, sit at my feet, and look up to me with her soulful eyes, and I couldn't help but laugh and love on her. I would pick up the item that she had destroyed, and she would flinch.  I would give a firm "NO", and leave it at that.
So if you see a guy walking his DAWG with a sandal on one foot and a hiking boot on the other, with a nice camera with a ratty strap, say "Hey, I know you!"
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2005, 04:17:51 pm »
I think most people have a problem understanding that because it just simply makes no sense to us as intellectuals.

Bear..... I think that might be why I feel so totally in harmony with the dogs heehee   ::) ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2005, 07:56:23 pm »
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't....they are just like us humans.