Author Topic: Home needed for a wonderful Great Dane  (Read 7862 times)

Offline Kerry

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Home needed for a wonderful Great Dane
« on: April 11, 2005, 11:43:53 am »
I have an 8 year old Great Dane who is the most wonderful dog ever.  Unfortunately, my landlord has decided we can no longer have dogs and since I can't afford to move out, I need to find a new home for Tessa.
She is up to date on all shots and vaccines and got a clean bill of health at her last visit to the vet. 
She loves other dogs and can be taken anywhere off-leash and will come back to you as soon as you call her name.
I'm located in Davis, CA  (outside of Sacramento).  If anyone is interested, PLEASE email me at:
kpblanchard@ucdavis.edu 
Thanks for your help,
Kerry
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 08:11:07 pm by jabear »

Offline Sullysmoms

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Home needed for a wonderful Great Dane
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 05:02:20 pm »
I hope you find a great home for her.  I just had to rehome an australian shepherd I had for 3 years.  She had been snapping at my kids for a year or so.... and so although there was no bite, I thought it best that she find a home w/o small children living in it.  I know it is SO hard! {{{ }}}

Have you contacted any rescues, alot of them will do courtesy listings which is how I got my Aussie such a great new home!

Offline cursedthing

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 06:48:03 pm »
Gosh, if you lived near Mn I would take her in a heartbeat! Good luck finding a home.

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 06:48:06 am »
I wish you the best of luck finding your girl a great home. Your landlord is a jerk (had to throw that in!)
If only I weren't on the other side of the country....

Vicki

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 10:20:50 am »
I hope you find a very good home for your beloved Dane.  good luck!!

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 11:15:31 am »
i hope you find the perfect home for her  try reat dane rescue  they night be able to help you

i like dogs better then people  hope 1 day your landlord has no home to live in. see how it feels to break someone's heart :-[ ::)
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 11:21:39 am »
ummmmmmmm sorry for all the mis spells

i a gree with jabar  your landlord id a jerk

http:www.tajjinsrho desianridgebac ks.com
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 11:23:47 am by taijinrr »
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Jen

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 11:22:00 am »
I don't understand, maybe I am missing something...."after 8 years" he decided to not let dogs in?  Don't you have lease permitting the dog  ???  I assume you would have had to have written permission in the first place, you would have the law on your side if you had written permission.  They can't change the rules like that , there are laws protecting you!  I would find the money to move...Dammit let's start our own fund raiser!

Jen

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 01:41:26 pm »
I have not read this before, but I am with Jen.... We are renting out houses and trust me on this one, if we dont have every single thing in writing we are without power. The landlord can NOT change a contract without notice and without stating in the original contract that they have the right to change the conditions in the future, and then it has to state how long notice they have to leave if they opt to change those conditions.

If you do have a written contract, you have every right on your side. If only a oral agreement it is trickier, then it is month to month, so it would be harder for you to make the landlord stand up to his word, if he gave you one when you got the dogs in the first place.

Good Luck and please let us know what has happened since you first posted

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 01:49:32 pm »
Oh!!!!!!!!! Like everyone else said, if you were anywhere near Chicago, she could come live with us. I'm sure my big guy would love her! He really quite likes females that are larger than him. We fostered a St. Bernard named Suzy for awhile, and he had the biggest crush! He just loved her sloppy kisses all over his head!

I really hope you find someone to take her!

Offline Samo Jr.

• Gnawer
  • Patriotic Rudy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 06:28:24 pm »
I sent you an e-mail I live about 15 to 20 mins form Davis. I am in Sacramento. Rudy and I would love to meet Tessa.

Sam
Sam
Family isn't about whose blood you have. It's about who you care about.