Author Topic: My word on the Dyson Animal...  (Read 3658 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

My word on the Dyson Animal...
« on: August 24, 2005, 08:50:01 am »
My aunt & uncle bought a Dyson Animal...When they offered to let me try it I was SO excited!...Well, I kind of feel like a kid that woke up to no presents under the tree at X-mas!...The bagless vac I have that cost around $100.00 works as well...I had to go over my daughter's cranberry colored carpet that shows everything as many times IF NOT MORE TIMES than I do with my vac...Also, Samson's long hair got all wrapped in the bristles & I had to spent 10 minutes unwrapping it & pulling it out...So, I dissappointedl y have to report the Dyson Animal sucks...lol!...& my 100.00 vac doesn't clog...ever either.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 09:08:57 am by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: My word on the Dyson Animal...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 09:01:45 am »
Good to know!  I've seen raves about it here before and I was wondering if I should step up and acquire one of the hair munching beasts but I guess I'll just stick with my old faithful!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 10:30:08 am »
I'm cheap, my bagful vacumn works well.  I just have to remember to go slow and give it time to suck it up.  If it was up to me, every room would have a hole in the wall where once a day all the hair and dirt would be sucked out of the room without disturbing anything but hair and dirt.

I used to only vacumn once a week because I don't mind hair.  But now I vacumn every day because of my house being on the market.  Suprisingly my carpet is slowing turning a lighter color, I must be pulling up months and months of dirt and hair.  As long as my white socks are still relatively white after walking in my house, I'm cool with it.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 11:07:24 am »
If it was up to me, every room would have a hole in the wall where once a day all the hair and dirt would be sucked out of the room without disturbing anything but hair and dirt.

OOOOHH that have something like this now!!!!  its for the kitchen.  I saw it last night on Kitchen Trends on HGTV!  its a little slot and the bottom of one of you cabinet and then when you sweep all you have to do it move the dirt close to it and it just sucks it right up!   man  that would be the life....   I wish....
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 11:13:11 am »
Are you serious?
I thought it was my unique idea.
Thanks,

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 11:22:26 am »
Sounds like some of you really like the Hoover vaccuums.  We bought a $250 Hoover vaccuum a couple of yrs ago and we were only able to use it a few times.  It was bagless and I could only vaccuum about 5 min before it would get hot and quit.  We ended up taking it back because I was sooooo frustrated.  We then bought a $2000.00 Kirby vaccuum. Yep you read that right 2,000. lol  I absolutely love it and wouldn't trade it for the world.  We've had it for 3 yrs and not had a single problem with it.  It comes with all sorts of attachments and a carpet shampooer, which we use A LOT!  When I seen the Dyson advertised I was thinking I really wanted one because they say it's the best vaccuum out there, but thank so much for this little review, because I think now I'll just stick with what I have. :-)

Andi

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 11:22:47 am »
You guys really ruin my self image.  I thought I was quite clever but really I am behind the times. 
Thanks,

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 11:34:47 am »
well I dont have a dyson animal, but some time ago we bought a dyson hmmm think they are called low reach (the redish one) and I LOVE it. I have since I moved here gone through 3 vacuum cleaners and was tired of it and decided to try a dyson. Well this one is the best spent vacuum money ever lol..... The first time I used it I went into Jennifers room, where I had vacuumed the same morning, the stuff that came up out off that carpet was horrible, the same in the whole house, It took stuff that before I had had to go back and forth several times in order for my vacuum to pick up. I have Zeus a husky so the long hairs mixed with the short from Hera and Galahad and all the other kids lol... I have never had any complaints whatsoever, AND it has a number that has 24/7 service help, so if you run into a problem you just call them and they guide you through it. And the thing is basically in parts so should anything get stuck you can take all kinds of bends and hoses off and no problem to get to it should there be anything. I did have to "clean" the brush once from long strings, that was after christmas when I had been sucking up those long tree glitter thingies lol.... some of them were wrapped around the brush but after that everything has been running smooth.

I am sorry you got disappointed lol..... ohhhh and we got one of them warranties too, so if we have a problem within 5 years they either give us a new or fix it + they service it free once a year.

Soooo I guess I have to be in the other corner and root for dyson lol  ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 01:09:30 pm »

The Rottweiler people rave about it.

It's on my Christmas wish list too.

:D
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 01:49:48 pm »
I have a Filter Queen vacuum. It was very expensive like $1000 or so, but well worth it. I had a bagless vacuum before. I don't remember what brand it was. My husband had a guy come over to demonstrate the vacuum. First we vacuumed a spot with our bagless and then vacuummed the same spot with the filter queen. The filter queen picked up more dirt. I couldn't believe it. Plus the filter queen has a hepa filter in it which also helps clean the air. So if you're allergic to dust it's great.

They do use filters, but if you change them according to the warrenty they will fix the vaccuum for free. They even send someone to pick it up at your house. I had mine for almost three years and one of the latches for the attatchments broke, so they brought me a loaner until mine got fixed. Plus they last forever. I'll never have to buy another vacuum again. So it was worth it if you think about how much vaccums cost and how many times you replace it. I love my filter queen. Best investment I ever made.

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 03:59:51 pm »

I know that is an awesome brand, if you can afford it!!

:D
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.