Author Topic: bones  (Read 3506 times)

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
bones
« on: September 04, 2005, 07:17:30 pm »
Felony buried her first bone, then I made the mistake of showing my hubby a little while later. So, it is now removed. It was so cute to watch her though, ha ha ha, she was pushing all the grass back over it with her nose. I know that this is a 'dog thing', but I had never seen one actually do it before.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Re: bones
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 07:19:40 pm »
my pom burries bones and other stuff!  but her holes are very small

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 07:19:52 pm »
Felony looks SO BIG lately!  She is really growing up....
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 07:59:47 pm »
Aw she is so cute!!!  I had one rotti who use to "bury" things on the carpet. She would push her nose like she was covering the bone with dirt. It was really funny :D

Luvmydanes

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 08:48:46 pm »
How funny...I have yet to see my pups bury bones or anything...

Kandi

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 09:37:17 pm »
Tulsa does it all the time! She puts her treat under a chair and then pushes her nose across the carpet to 'cover it up'! When she's satisfied that it's hidden she walks away and flops down. She really seems upset when I pick it up and ask her, "Is this yours?"
The nose scraping is a way for them to be able to identify where they had hidden something, they don't remember that they did it, or what they did it for, they just remember the smell of where they did it.
Did that make sense?
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 07:08:06 am »
Aw she is so cute!!!  I had one rotti who use to "bury" things on the carpet. She would push her nose like she was covering the bone with dirt. It was really funny :D
did the floor squeek with the wet nose too?

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 07:12:15 am »
"squeak" "squeak"  She probably got rug burn a few times the way she went at it. LOL