Author Topic: The Cable Guy isnt very bright  (Read 9167 times)

Offline Edge

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: The Cable Guy isnt very bright
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 07:45:10 am »
That pretty much sums it up, Nicole.  The cable guy is in for a rude awakening some day if he keeps up the unannounced entries.  Seems that should be considered illegal too.  I mean, who's to say there isn't some cable guy out there with peeping tom or other (worse) tendencies?!  I think Lola would not hesitate to take him down.
Pop to Lola, the Batgirl :D

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2005, 07:45:38 am »
I've referenced that site quite a bit. And, that guy...can't remember his name, the lawyer...anywa y...he returns ALL e-mails. Seriously.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005, 07:49:15 am »
sounds like you need a zap collar for the cable guy! 

Offline daynakb

• Gnawer
  • This is Klaus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2005, 08:35:57 am »
Back when I was MUCH younger we had a little poodle terrier mix.  Toby loved being in the backyard and you couldn't get him to come in!  He was a fierce little thing to strangers, but all he would bite were shoes.  It used to tick me off when the meter reader would wake me up early in the morning to ask me to hold the dog while he checked the meter.  "You've got steel toed shoes on, he can't hurt you!"

After Toby passed away (at almost 17 yrs) my sister got a Samoyed/Lab mix.  I can't count the number of times I saw the meter reader jump right over the fence with Shazu standing there in plain sight.  I kept thinking, "You idiot!  Little white dog couldn't hurt you.  Big white dog can!"

But then again, Shazu chewed the cable wire in half three times.  The same cable guy came to fix it all three times.  Shazu would bring him his toys.  We used to joke that Shazu just wanted to play with the cable guy.  Then we learned how to prevent him from chewing the wire in half.

Nicole

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2005, 08:36:59 am »
How funny! I bet Shazu did just want to play! hahahaha!

Anakalia

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005, 10:19:09 am »
I can't beleive he just walked on your property like that!!!  Wayy too funny you seen him run after Grey started to bark!! lol  I have NEVER seen a cute cable guy EVER, but they could be out there just not in my area.  We did have an issue with a cable guy being a peeping tom in our area, he got a slap on the hand and that's about it.  Some people are just not right. 

Andi

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2005, 10:20:28 am »
and all those people who aren't right...work for the cable company.

Blair

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2005, 10:26:26 am »
He told me he knocked on the door, but I was home and inside the whole time, so I doubt it. And even if I didnt hear him it still doesnt give him any right to just walk in my yard without promission. Oh and he knew I had dogs and when he lefy he left my gate wide open  >:(. FRIGGIN MORON

Anakalia

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2005, 10:31:41 am »
Lins - You are sooooo right!!  Whenever we have issues with our cable or internet they can't fix a darn thing.  It takes them a few times before things get fixed 100%.  They really need a better training program! lol

Blair - I would call your cable company and let them know what happend.  I'm not normally a complainer but the fact he left the gate open when he left and he steped on your  property without permission is awful.  What would have happend if you didn't know the gate had been left open and you let the dogs out?  What a JERK!

Andi

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2005, 10:32:29 am »
He told me he knocked on the door, but I was home and inside the whole time, so I doubt it. And even if I didnt hear him it still doesnt give him any right to just walk in my yard without promission. Oh and he knew I had dogs and when he lefy he left my gate wide openĀ  >:(. FRIGGIN MORON
not like one of the dogs wouldn't have told you someone was at the door.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2005, 10:35:23 am »
awwww..thanks nicole...good info

lmao about zap collars for the cable guy.. ;D

When I was in highschool we had a standard poodle...That poodle hated the milk man...even bite him on the butt a few times...  we use to have to go bail him out of doggie jail....  Never did it to anyone else but the milk man

Blair

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2005, 10:35:48 am »
Diesel is my "Some One is at the door"guard dog. It must shock people when I open the door. They hear this little dog barking nad then when I open the door, they see these 2 huge dogs, hehehehe  :D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2005, 10:44:23 am »
tends to scare people, especially little kids.

I had child solicitors last night.  I thought Lady was going out the window.

I can't wait till Halloween. 

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2005, 02:00:54 pm »
Many years ago I lived in a rural part of Florida on a 23 acre abandoned orange grove. I had a 10 ft. chain link fence with barbed wire around the top. On the gate a large red and white sign said "BAD DOGS- KEEP GATE CLOSED". 
I worked for Animal Regulation and rescued Danes (and pit bulls that had hunting potential) I had 5 permanent residents, all Danes, and various fosters.  2 of the permanents had never been off a chain until they came to live with me- one was mellow and had joint issues, one was pretty neurotic. The best thing mentally and physically for those guys was to get out and run. Another of the 5 was a trained bodyguard.
I told the electric company guy more than once that if there were cars around the trailer to stay in his van and honk, that if the cars were there, someone was home, and if someone was home then the dogs might be loose.  "Drive up and honk" is just simple farm etiquette anyway, as far as I'm concerned. When anyone else did it the dogs would come up to the house and mill around, wagging their tails to greet the visitor.  I tried to explain that while normally reliable, if they'd been out running and getting "packed up" 5 dogs with a combined weight of about 850 lbs could be VERY dangerous.
Several times I heard his van pull in and his car door, and raced out to find him already halfway around the house.  I'd warn him, and he'd shine me on.

One day I was taking a shower, and didn't hear him pull in.  I heard the dogs going crazy, though.  I threw a robe on and ran out, to see the man in his van, with the most terrified look on his paste white face I had ever seen. The dogs were trying to chew his windows out, I could hear their teeth clicking on the glass.  Snarling, slobbering beasts with whale eyes surrounded him.  I called them off one at a time and put them away, but kept the bodyguard dog at heel beside me.  He slowly rolled down the window, and puked down the side of his van.
He said he had barely made it around to the side of the house when he saw all of them stand up out of the grass at the edge of the trees (about 7 acres away) He turned and ran, and barely made it to his van in time.
I really shudder to think what would have happened if he hadn't seen them until he was too far from the van.   
After that, I put a double lock on the gate, and everyone called from the gas station up on the highway (this was before cell phones) before they came over. 

Nicole

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2005, 02:29:18 pm »
Holy schnikes! That is one scary scenario! Some people just CANNOT be taught, ya know? Unfortunately, the way I understand the law, if anything had happened, YOU could still be held liable, even though you had fencing and signs and warned the moron repeatedly. Its just crazy.

Wow. That story made me shiver a little. What a dummy.