Author Topic: Calling All Angels: need help rescuing this Rottie  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Mid Cal Gal

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Calling All Angels: need help rescuing this Rottie
« on: August 24, 2005, 06:42:30 pm »
Sorry, no pictures of this mellow guy.  I know how appealing good pictures can be but time is running out. 
I am a volunteer at a municipal animal shelter south of Sacramento, CA.  I just found out that "Big Ben" is scheduled to be euthanized tomorrow, Thursday Aug 25th.  I asked the officer to give us until the afternoon to see if I could find someone to accept him "as is."  The Rottie Rescue near Davis cannot take him and I have left a message with another rescue near Tracy, but I fear the answer will be the same. 
Here's the truth:  Big Ben is not well.  I have registered with BPO with the sole intent of finding a strong and compassionate angel to Love and Comfort him for however long he has left and/or to be there with him in his final moments.  Perhaps it's best to "put him out of his misery,"  but I'd like to do more.   
So, here's his story:  Big Ben, estimated to be around 9yrs old , had been brought in to a vet's office over the weekend fearing that he had been hit by a car.  It was determined that he had no fractures but possibly hip dysplasia.  Big Ben ended up at the shelter before I arrived Monday morning.  I noticed that he'd been straining to defecate and had bloody diarrhea, which the vet said were not pesent during the exam.  Lab results of a stool sample are still pending and Big Ben is on pain meds and at least a bit more comfortable.  If you cannot help, please at least hug your Big One and be thankful that they have life, health and happiness, and you.

Icerotti

Re: Calling All Angels: need help rescuing this Rottie
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 09:13:38 pm »
I am sorry to hear about Ben.  I am unable to help at this time. I do hope this boy is able to find a home.

*bump*