Author Topic: Help-Mastiff  (Read 20174 times)

Offline dian4ya

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Help-Mastiff
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 11:29:33 am »
Thank you sooo much that really gives me great hope!!!!
Well I have 2 Dogue de bordeaux's male and female.  And they are the best dogs that I  have ever had. I am now waiting to have puppies for the first time ;D.  But, they do have to be everywhere that you are.  They are the biggest ansd sweetest slobbering dog you could ever have  in your life.  If you would like more information about this breed let me know.  My bordeaux babies should be here any day now.

Dian, tenneessee

Offline Lori81862

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 09:35:36 am »
Hi
     We had an English Mastiff for 7 1/2 years until cancer took her from us last Friday. She was unbelievable with anyone and everyhting.  We had gerbils when we got her and she let them crawl on her. Bunnies would sit in our yard and Daisy would walk far enough away from them so they wouldn't feel threaten by her.  She wouldn't chase anything out of the yard. Daisy loved everyone she met. Never went after any animal or human.  Daisy would put her self between you and danger(strangers on the beach or walking). Just to let them know you had to come through her to get me.  We also have a Bullmastiff Buttercup who is full of energy and just as friendly.

Lori
L81862@aol.com

Offline Baileys_Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 10:43:03 am »
Hello Mastiff Wanter-

Did you ever get a Mastiff? Talking to Mastiff people, I have heard that a Neapolitan (Neo) Mastiffs are a prey dog which probably means they don't get along with cats or other dogs. Not saying all of them are like that. If you go to the Neo Rescues, most say, "No homes with children". I'm not saying anything bad, just stating what a Neo Rescue Person told me when I tried to adopt a Neo from her rescue. I am on my second English Mastiffs and they are wonderful!! ;D We adopted Baily in September this year and from day one, he has acted like he has been with our family all his life. He will let you know when it's time for my 5 yr old son to go to bed. He goes into his room and lays down. Then when my son is asleep, he is ready to go upstairs with us. He keeps an eye on all of us. That dates back to the old days when they guarded the castles. He LOVES my son like his own. He sulks when my son gets in trouble and acts like we hurt his feelings. They are a sensitive dog. The first day he met our 12 year old cat, he just thought she was great (never meeting a cat to my knowledge). She rubs on him and sometimes he wants to play with her and he gets down on his front legs (butt in the air) and wags his tail like, lets play. She will run a little bit then turn around like, I've had enough. Bailey (2 yrs old) wants to be a friend to all animals. My sister-in-law mentioned that even though he is SOOOO big, he is aware of his size and is really careful around children and small animals. It's kind of funny to watch him walk between toys and small children. He is so careful. If you want more info and a look at my Bailey, just email me, I would love to correspond. I love talking about my Mastiff and have some great shots I took yesterday. I need to uplaod them to the 'puter and post them. If you email me, just put Mastiff Wanter in the subject line so I know who you are and don't delete it. Thanks and take care, Nikki.

Offline Lori81862

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 10:21:41 pm »
HI
   We had an English Mastiff Daisy. She was the best with everyone and anything.  We had gerbils that she would let crawl on her. We watched our friends yorkie and Daisy let Angel do what ever she wanted. Daisy would walk  in our backyard and if she saw a bunny eatting she would walk far away so not to disturb the bunny eatting. I could go on and on, They are a true gentel giant and best friend you could ask for..  Feel free to email me.  L81862@aol.com

Lori

Offline Proliant

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 02:41:14 pm »
OEM's as a general rule do pretty well with other breeds.

My 1 year old boy Goliath gets along great with ALL dogs, but actually seems to prefer smaller breeds. His best friends are the neighbors jack russels and the Basenji across the street. He lays down and they jump all over him while he licks them like crazy.

I have heard bad things about Neo's and other (same sex) dogs. Research well before you decide.

Matthew

Offline Winstons parents

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 10:41:06 pm »
our mastiff gets along great with our 10 pound jack. he actually prefers little dogs to play with.

Offline Lori81862

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Mastiff Bailey
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 11:16:36 pm »
HI               It sounds like you love your mastiff like we did and still do.  They are such amazing dogs.  Give me a shout I would love to see pictures of him.  L81862@aol.com    Lori

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 01:04:21 am »
i have done alot of rescues and i have been told over and over you will never be able to have another male in your home w/your american s. pitt bull . well i have tried over and over to foster and it just has'nt worked out. Milo was not going to share me w/any other dog male or female! Well around a month ago i rescued a brindle english mastiff i did my research and figured since bryce was still a puppy this might work. Well it's been over a month and everyone is still alive i think milo knows bryce is here to stay! My other one who is a long hair german shepard collie mix loved bryce from day one.My pitt is brindle as well and i think some people mistake him for bryce!
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats