Author Topic: Housebroken, trained, healthy Saint in Louisiana needs home now!  (Read 1829 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
This was on one of my rescue rings. If anyone can help, let me know and I will get you in contact with Tracy in Sulpher, LA (between Lafayette & Lake Charles). We have an awesome transport network down here and can usually get them anywhere!:

Hi All...

Okay I am back again in need of some help here.  There is a wonderful 3 yr. old Female St. Bernard in Sulphur Animal Control (SW LA) who is in need of a reputable rescue.  Please see message from a rescue friend of mine who was able to get pictures for me of the dog.  I just spoke with the Director and she was an owner surrender, the lady was going through a divorce and could no longer afford her. *sigh*  Anyway....this is what we know about her; she is housetrained, good with kids and other animals. UTD on all of her shots, the lady said she was on HW preventative, has tatoos in her ears, has had 6 weeks of obedience training (and it shows too) and I have a call into their Vet to see if they have record of a spay.  This is truely an awesome dog!  I have contacted the Saint Rescue in New Orleans and she is full.

PLEASE crosspost to any Saint contacts you all may have or to anyone that may be able to help this sweet girl.  I have attached pictures but for those lists that don't accept attachments you can e-mail me privately and I will forward them to you tracey0506@yahoo.com. 

Thanks in advance for any help for this sweet girl,

<<<Aem4848@aol.com wrote:

Here you go.....Please tell them that she has been obedience trained and it really shows.

She does the whole routine and in a very calm manner.  She goes around you, heels, sits and downs and is good on leash.   She is also supposed to be great with children because she grew up with them.  This dog is really wonderful. She grew up in a home so I'm sure she is also housetrained.

The lady had to give her up because she was getting a divorce and could not afford to keep her.  She brought her toys and food and was crying when she had to turn her in.

She was recently shaved down.  I did worm her and she has gained weight.  She needs Frontline and if I think about it, I'll pick a huge Frontline up and put it on her.  All this should be reflected on her card, including her shots. 
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

Re: Housebroken, trained, healthy Saint in Louisiana needs home now!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 01:34:04 pm »
Awwwwwwww....I don't understand...i f I got a divorce, why would Cabeza suddenly become expensive? I'd feed him Ol Roy for awhile until I got back on my feet before I got rid of him! Humpf. Ah well, I shouldn't be too judgemental.

Well, what can we do for this baby?