Poll

How much do you really love your fur baby?

Tons! I'd leave my family before I left him/her.
Alot! he/she has all the rights my human kids do.
More than most! I usually bring treats/toys home for him/her.
Enough! I give hugs & kisses before I leave the house.
Awh geeze, I'm here chatting about him/her. Isn't that enough?

Author Topic: Poll: Just how much do you love you pooch?  (Read 9231 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Poll: Just how much do you love you pooch?
« on: April 12, 2005, 08:21:45 pm »
I just wanted to see how much you do for your dog. How much love do you really give you dog?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Rufiesmom

Re: Poll: Just how much do you love you pooch?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 08:56:16 pm »
Rufus and I fell in love at first glance.  We went to the breeders to see what Pyrs were like and didn't really intend to get a dog.  He followed me around and we couldn't take our eyes off each other.  The breeder wasn't using Rufus for breeding since he is "straight in the stifles".  We got a call the next day and the breeder said we could have Rufus (for free!!) because he normally didn't like people and he obviously liked me.  We got him home and he hated my husband.  Growled and would have bitten him if our rottie hadn't got between them.  I thought I was going to have to get rid of him. (my husband, not Rufus!)  Mike was very patient with him and eventually won him over and they are great friends now.  Rufus is a giant kiss-magnet and I love him fiercly!!  I would do anything for him!

Offline aedingto

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 11:59:06 am »
 ;DI wouldn't take a million dollars for my black labby Snickers. :) That's how much I love her.

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 10:59:59 pm »
;DI wouldn't take a million dollars for my black labby Snickers. :) That's how much I love her.

Oh, I know, I completely feel the same way! Someone asked me hypothetically once if I would ever sell my dogs and I said absolutely not. Then they asked "Not even for...?" and kept going up in their amounts - I think it got to a billion and they realized I meant it! =)

I'm the only one in the family thats home with my babies all day long. I couldn't imagine being w/o them - it would be like losing a limb! They follow me and stay in whatever room I'm in like little kids. The whole family loves lavishing loads of attention on all the dogs tho. We all lose more time than we should on belly rubs and ear scratchings! They rotate around the house all night, sleeping in different beds at different times. And you should see when its coming home time! We all have to take 5 minutes b4 doing anything else to greet and give lots of love. Well, unless its my son coming home, who for some reason they go extra crazy for. For some reason they LOVE to give him kisses more than anyone else - so with him, it might take 10 minutes!

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 06:44:39 am »
My dogs are my world, my life revolves around them (which anoys hubby). I too bring home toys & treats when ever I go shopping. I smother them with hugs & kisses.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline CenturionPits

• Gnawer
  • All of my dogs. 4 who live with me.
    • View Profile
    • Centurion Pits
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 12:43:10 pm »
I was involved with someone but he was pretty mean to my pups if they didnt listen so that ended right than and there.  I would disown my family before my babies would leave.  Which unfortunately half of them I have already because my babies are all (well almost all)  pitbulls and they go by the breed stereotype which is so not them..  They are show and breeding dogs but more than anything they are my kids.  My life and my family.  They are the reason I get out of bed in the morning.  Just so I can see those big brown eyes looking at me asking to be loved on.  It gets pretty hectic sometimes with all of them being under 2 yrs old and 3 out of 4 being 1yr or less.  2 of them alone are 5 months old and boy are they hyper.  My 5 months old lab/boxer/chow was a very unexpected addition.  Wasn't planning on another dog at the time and we were at Wal-Mart.  Someone was giving away a litter of barely 5 week old puppies away in the parking lot.  My heart melted instantly.  I held her on her back and fell right asleep (much bigger now but still does lol) and that was that she came home.  She is the most obedient dog I have.  Sadly it sounds like one of her sisters was abandoned and someone found her so if they get rid of her I may be getting another very loyal mixie in my life as I feel already bonded with them just by having my wonderful gal.  I wouldn't give her up for the world.  Wouldnt give up any of my dogs for anything at all.
The home of Centurion Pits.  Showing and breeding pits since 2005.  Rescuing since 2002'

Offline stormybc

• Gnawer
  • My boys, Parnell the Newf and Kobi
    • View Profile
    • ^Beau's^ Memorial Site
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 08:09:36 pm »
Hubby always says that the dogs are more important to me than he is....I always tell him that is not true! ::)  He thinks he is below them in the pecking order.....I reassure him and tell him he's being silly.  He seems to believe it....good.... what he doesn't know won't hurt him...... ;D

Offline ARCH10

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 09:48:29 pm »
I have a springer spaniell named Cody I got him  when he was just a pup the first year he liked to chew on everyting. I did not get him for hunting, I am not a hunter. He will be 10 Years old in Sep. I take him on a long walk almost every day. I am 73 years old & retired cody Is like a child to me. He go,s whereever I go he is 10 years old now he seems to have lost some of his hearing but can still smell good he is about 5 pounds over weight. my wife will not let me bring him in the House. but we live in the Northern Sacramento valley so It does not get to cold here &  his House is on the North side of our House between the detached garage & the House the wind comes from the   south when we have storms in the winter. and in the summer it is cooler on the north side. we have carpet on top of his house and my wife put 3/4 inch insalation along the sides. & I put plywood between his House & steps & it stcks out about 6 inches which helps stop wind & rain even more. & we put down 2 layers of carpet & a folded blanket on botom of House. now his hair is long so we bring him to groomer to have it cut. we have had 3 long term dogs in our 48 years of marriage. both were about 14 years years old Tiger & skippy. first they would stop eating the stop drinkng then pass away & go to the rainbow bridge. I buryed them In back yard. It take me about 6 months to get over there death.      Arch4     

Offline amajac

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 10:00:45 pm »
I have only had Austin for a bit over a month, and there is nothing in the world I wouldn't do for him and nothing, short of his best interest, that would make me give him up.  I have had four Saints in the past, and this one so "Saintly" that is is scary.  My first Saint, Molly, died many years ago, I had her for 8 years, she helped to raise my kids, who are now 24, 28 and 29.  I still miss her, and it is amazing to me how much Austin reminds me of her.  I also had a Great Pyrannes (never could spell that) named Damion.  Very different from the Saints, but a wonderful dog.  My new baby is already the center of our lives, he is my husbands first Saint, he alway had Dane's in the past.  He is spoiled rotten, but well behaved.  He loves everyone and everyone loves him.
Cheryl Hain
Amajac

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 07:19:18 am »
There are no words to express what I feel for this dog.  I think of him all day when I am not with him, and when I am, I can't stop hugging and kissing him. This dog is literally the love of my life.  He brings me so much happiness it is ridiculous. 

It's funny that all of you mentioned the hypothetical "how much would it take?" question.  I was recently asked that, and I even suprised myself when I realized there is no amount. 

It kills me that all Seamus requires to be happy is me and my fiance.  His world is right when everyone is home.  Dogs are the definition of unconditional love, and that is what I will always have for Seamus.

Offline connolly

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 10:18:15 pm »
I hope as much as they love me! I know I am their life. My husband just got back from taking Sassy to Reno for her x-rays and then spent the night at his mother's.
When they got home Sas was so happy to see me she couldn't stop shaking. Took me 10 minutes to calm her down and now she is stuck to me. I just adore my baby doll and my little guy too. Would not change a hair on their heads for anything. Can't even imagine life without them, and don't want to even try.They are truly my joy.
connolly
The older I get the less I know

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 05:21:48 am »
Tonka is my baby, she is more of a daddy's girl for now, but she still waits at the door when I am coming in from the garage and greets me with huge kisses! She is so sweet :-*

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 11:21:50 am »
   Beauty is definately my baby, even now at three years old.  She used to share a bed with my husband and myself, but after she reached 100 lbs that had to change, now when he gets up to go to work, she climbs in of course I share my pillow with her and she snuggles just like a human would!  Aidan on the other hand is everyones boy, he is 140 lbs now and 1 year old, still tries to sit in my lap, and loves to nibble ears.  I would not be without either one for the world.  Beauty just recently whelped a litter of 16  :o  which is not a common litter size for a Kuvasz, babies are now 9 days old, and I still am not sleeping well.  :-\ You would have thought I had had the babies!  I keep checking on her and she just gives me this look like, "mom would you just RELAX!  Everything is fine!"  She still asks to come out of the whelping room every few hours and comes for hugs and love.  I also have 3 children and really the way we love our dogs  we have 5.  For a short time I am blessed with 16 four legged children and 3 of the two legged variety!  LOL   ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 11:28:16 am by kildeskennel »
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 09:41:48 pm »
Wow! Aren't you the busy person? Your Beauty sure is a dolll and looks well after having 16 pups.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffwanter

• Gnawer
  • My small paw friend and I want a big pawed friend
    • View Profile
    • Bow Wow Links
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 10:16:19 am »
I got my pup when she was 2.5months and the only reason I got her was because I knew I could take her to work with me everyday I went. Otherwise, I wouldn't have got her because I don't think it is fair for a puppy to stay in a crate all day long. Now it is a little over a year later and she is my best friend she goes everywhere with me, traveling and work. The only place she can't go is school which really sucks. She is always so excited to see me. I know she may not be a big pawed girl (one in the pic with me, shih tzu) but I love her dearly and we both are looking forward to getting our own female mastiff as soon as we get settled and ready for one which should be in the next year. I just have to finish learning about them to an extent and get a bigger house, yard and car. LOL  ;D My pup is my life!!!! And I plan on treating my mastiff the same way. ;)
~Staci