Author Topic: This is Heartbreaking!  (Read 7944 times)

Nicole

Icerotti

Re: This is Heartbreaking!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 07:09:35 am »
That is sad. How do people just let them go. I really do not understand that?!?!??!?!

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 07:11:53 am »
The owner could have died or had to go to a nursing home. It's not always bad owners.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 07:12:54 am »
The owner could have died or had to go to a nursing home. It's not always bad owners.

Yes true, I guess I did jump to conclusions.

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 07:13:55 am »
I was trying to make some sorta sense of the whole thing....and I noticed that the person holding the leash is wearing military clothes....may be their daddy got deployed? I'd like to think that something like that happened, instead of just some idiot.

That reminds me of a sad story.....don't read if you don't wanna be PI$$'d. I used to work at the local Humane Society. We got in an 11 year old GSD named Blizzard. Her family had gotten her as a pup....had her the ENTIRE 11 years. Then, got divorced. They dropped her at the pound. She totally broke down and we couldn't adopt her. She just layed around.....it was the worst tragedy EVER. We had to euthanize her. She was there for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time, but it was just driving her insane to be in the kennel, and she had no interest in a new family. She started smearing her own feces....it was terrible. God. I'm going to cry just thinking about her....

I want to do something for these dogs. I wonder if they've been together the whole time?

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 12:41:42 pm »
oh no Nicole...that is a terrible story....  These poor babies...

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 12:46:33 pm »
That's sad Nicole.  I don't know, I really like old dogs, I guess because our two dogs were senior, Casey our sheltie was 15, and he died last may, and our lab was 12 when she died last year. 

They deserve to be treated well, and to be able to take things at their own pace, and loved on even though they may have bad breath and poor eyesight, and maybe they can't play like a new puppy... they've been there for you for soo many years, the least a person can do is give a little back when they are at then end of their years.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 12:50:23 pm »
They do! Older dogs are just the sweetest!

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 12:59:50 pm »
I KNOW, JENN!!!!! What can we do? Its TOO sad. Who can take in two distinguished old men? That's why I was wondering how long they've been together, cuz it might be really important to KEEP them together, ya know?

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 01:02:13 pm »
I see this from time to time, and I'd say in about 90% of the cases where dogs this old and a pair (could be cats too) end up in a shelter. The owner died or had to be taken in for some kind of nursing home living. It is totally heartbreaking, most of the times when we work with animals like this we really really try to adopt them out together, their whole world has just been turned upside down, and like the petfinder post stated, it is only for a few years.  :'(

I feel you Jenn, these two look just too alone and sad , they soooo pull on your heart strings. I am fixing to cry here, not that any of you would be surprised, it is pretty much known by now that I am the biggest cry baby  :-[

I wonder if there is anything we can do to help these two

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 01:07:21 pm »
I don't know...I'm a pretty big cry baby myself. I'll give ya a run for yer money, Marit!

Well, they're near Detroit. So...they're umm....about 7-8 hours from me.

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 01:13:54 pm »
Man! This sucks. I feel terrible. It is a hard thing to do, though. I mean, to take on an older dog. You have to factor in some expenses for care...and then incontinence.. ..agh. I still want to do something for them, though. Wouldn't it be cool if they could live in a nursing home or something? I wonder what their temperaments are like...

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 01:14:40 pm »
Mapquest says it is about 10 and a half hours from me. I really really feel for these two old puppies. I wonder if we could find either a home or some kind of "retirement home"/"sanctuary" for them

Marit

Nicole

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 01:19:34 pm »
OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll call and find out more information!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 01:21:18 pm »
great Ill see if I can possibly find any kind of place for an elderly couple.

Marit