Author Topic: House for Sale  (Read 6687 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: House for Sale
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2005, 06:10:02 am »
It will sell you just need to give it a little more time.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline bigdoglover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005, 06:15:12 am »
very nice house-good luck with your move to our part of the woods. i live in a southwest suburb of the windy city-do you know where you are going to move to here? i looked at your property taxes and almost fainted they are so low. we pay 3 times that much for taxes on a modest 3 bedroom brick ranch with a basement and garage and a small lot, guess its the price of living in illinois. maybe i should move to ohio.......... .......

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005, 06:18:02 am »
I'm looking to live near Downer's Grove so probably Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Plainfield, or Montgomery.  I don't really know the area so I think those are the areas my realtor is looking in but if one of them is across the state then drop that one from the list.

I about had a heart attack when I saw how high taxes are up there.  This move is going to break my bank.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2005, 06:41:40 am »
Wow, we have the same house - except we have a basement and mine costs 3x more.  Why the h*ll do I live in Boston?!?!   :-\  Don't give up, its only been 2.5 weeks.  Keep us posted.
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

Offline bigdoglover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2005, 07:03:52 am »
i don't know if you have 2 legged kids or not but plainfield is growing very rapidly and always needs more schools so the taxes there will keep going up constantly. it has lots of nice homes always for sale-new subdivisions to choose from also. you probably can find a nice modest home in any of those places-just depends on how far out you want to be. plainfield is just west of me and romeoville just north. bolingbrook is one town further north of romeoville. now montgomery is way west but lots of new housing going up there-haven't been out there myself but i think it is mostly new homes and a small older town. the prices of homes is terrible here but much worse the closer to chicago you get. taxes are sky high here but i think that may be a problem most states are dealing with. be ready for sticker shock and also know we are in the middle of a terrible drought here-everything is so brown and we need rain so bad. i wish you lots of luck and if you need any info just ask!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 10:20:22 am »
Good luck in selling the house.

I agree it hasn't been that long.  My paren't house was on the market for months without selling (I contribute it to my mother's love of wallpaper everywhere).  My sister's in-laws ended up buying it, go figure.

We're moving to the Chicago area next spring, but in the area b/t DeKalb and North Aurora.  Housing there is very reasonable I think......... .......I guess they make up for it in taxes.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2005, 10:25:15 am »
Good luck in selling the house.

I agree it hasn't been that long.  My paren't house was on the market for months without selling (I contribute it to my mother's love of wallpaper everywhere).  My sister's in-laws ended up buying it, go figure.

We're moving to the Chicago area next spring, but in the area b/t DeKalb and North Aurora.  Housing there is very reasonable I think......... .......I guess they make up for it in taxes.

actually that isn't so far fetched about the wall paper.  People look at a house and instantly like or dislike the paint color or the wall paper.
We had a house sit on the market for 8 months.  Painted it white inside and had an offer within a week.  We love dark colored paints and that made people turn up their noses.
If it sits too long think about painting the walls and opening it up with furniture rearrangement. ..moving nick nacks into storage...just make it so clean and clear someone will be able to see THEIR stuff in it. 
I know it's odd...but it works.

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 05:59:19 pm »
You really want to check and see what school district you will be in. Parts of Montgomery go to either East or West Aurora schools. When I lived up there they were pretty rough schools with a lot of gangs. At least at the High school level. My neice currently goes to West Aurora and she told me that there are hallways that you don't walk down because of the gangs. However some parts of Montgomery go to Oswego schools and they are pretty good.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?