Author Topic: Another Hurricane - Nooooooooooooooooooo  (Read 33833 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Another Hurricane - Nooooooooooooooooooo
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2005, 05:37:48 pm »
You just have to tell what crazy stuff she is saying.   :o
Give yourselves breaks from the tv too... watch a movie or something, those weather guys will stress you out worse than any of this :)

Bava's not restless, if he were any more relaxed we would need to break out the defibrillator. Cookie monster our macaw is restless though, and saying all kinds of crazy stuff  ::)

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2005, 06:02:45 pm »
I bet the kissy sounds are great.  How dose Bava like him?

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2005, 06:10:19 pm »
Amber you should be proud.  Boarding up is a job for two, I am not sure how you did it yourself.  Did you train Winston to hold the boards?

I hope so too.  I boarded up all my windows by myself.  I was very proud (those things are heavy) ;)  Of course Winston was keeping a watchful eye on mommy.  Everyone else has been really wanting to stay inside.  I keep telling them you might as well go out now because you wont be able to go out agian.  I bathed all 8 of the horses and they have been fed and put in their stalls.  I am marinating my steaks.( good choice jeanne)  The only thing really left i have to do is two loads of laundry.  But i think it is time for a well deserved break and a corona. ;D

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2005, 06:17:40 pm »
Did just see on TV the four dummies standing on the rock at the pass in Orange Beach?   
OMG - I am so stupid that the first time I read this I interpreted that they had actually stood some dummies, like manniquins, up somewhere in the storm, like maybe to illustrate to people how strong the winds get and how you should not try to go out in it! 

Ugh, where is my brain today?  I feel sick today, and I have been sleeping most of the day - maybe I should attempt to wake up before I start trying to interpret things!   ;D

Everyone in the storm, please be careful and stay safe, both people and doggies!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Kiahpyr

« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2005, 06:25:43 pm »
I'm worried for you all too. Jacksmon is right about that's all we're hearing about up north. Please stay safe. I know you already did what you could. Hope you all are alright when this thing is over. Telephone chain would be good because you know all of BPO is going to worried about you. Take care.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2005, 06:41:03 pm »
jjfritsche, just wanted to check in and see how you are holding up.  Sugar Bear and Dixie got to play outside for awhile so they are taking a nap. 

Amber, you doing ok? I hope you have enought lime for the beer. 

Mel & Brandon,  Hope you are enjoying that roast for dinner.  Is Bava still sleeping?

Anyone else in the hurricane area?

Lisa

Kiahpyr

« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2005, 06:49:58 pm »
You might already know this but I just heard on the news that the people who leave their pets behind will be charged with animal cruelty. I'm glad they are making those people take responsibility . Good luck with finding the animals that got already left behind.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2005, 07:27:08 pm »
I'm much more relaxed now after my 3rd appletini. Still waiting for the big wind. Dogs are finally sacked out instead of making me even more nervous. I stopped watching the news and weather channel. Wish I had some chocolate!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2005, 07:29:07 pm »
I have been eating sweets all day long.  Glad you are feeling better, guess all we can do is eat, drink, and wait.

Lisa

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2005, 07:30:42 pm »
yup! and it's driving me crazy. how do we get into the chat room? this thread is getting looooooooong!! but there's nothing else to do except commiserate with my online buddies!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2005, 07:36:07 pm »
I am hoping to wake up and find that the Cat 5 has been downgraded and all of you are safe. We are all praying for you and your furbabies. please stay safe and don't take any chances. I'll be waiting to hear that you're all safe. Things can be replaced.  Lots of love coming your way. :-*

dohertyswissy

« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2005, 07:58:20 pm »
Y'all...I'm scared...reall y scared.   Please, please all of y'all be super safe.  I am crossing my fingers for all of you.  Hurricanes are nasty stuff.  Hugs to all!  If you need anything, like Tina, please PM me with your cell phone and I will help with whatever necessary..

Hugs and Kisses -
Heather

Icerotti

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2005, 08:06:07 pm »

The lady from Noah's Wish has been great about staying in touch. They missed the feed to MSNBC, but she was on CNN and they are already getting inundated with offers of help for fostering, transport and supplies. Thanks GOD!

I saw her on CNN- I missed the first part.
Keep safe ;D

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2005, 05:45:50 am »
you guys please stay safe... I am worried about all of you over there..Glad we just have to worry about earthquakes

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2005, 05:56:36 am »
I am getting worried about Amber & JJ.  I hope they just turn the computer off and got some sleep.  Sugar Bear & Dixie are playing and trying to eat each other head, they love that game.  I just gave them a chew treat to give them something to do.  We did the mad dash outside about 5am.  I am having a large mug of coffee now, boy do I need it.  Let me know if you hear from Amber or JJ. 

Lisa