Author Topic: Amazing  (Read 1716 times)

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Amazing
« on: August 26, 2005, 01:58:46 pm »
The other day, I was relaxing on my patio (I do that a lot lately) and I heard lots of neighborhood dogs howling slowly.  I knew instinctively that there must be a fire or police siren nearby but I could not hear it at all.  Now, I live in the country so here when a siren comes along we all look around at the scenery to check out whats going on.  We have even been known to chase a fire truck or two to find out who's house is on fire.  Well, I waited and waited but no siren.  It was what seemed a huge amount of time before I finally heard the siren and the dogs had howled almost five minutes before this lowly human heard it.  Amazing how much their senses are superior to ours.  No wonder they are our best friends.  Anybody else notice this?

Peggy
Peggy

lins_saving_grace

Re: Amazing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 02:02:37 pm »
Lady notices things that are non emerengy only.  Mostly people who aren't supposed to be in the neighborhood or in her yard.  We live in the countryish too...and there was an emergency of some kind last night.  Lady didn't care.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 03:35:25 pm »
I remember those whistles they were selling that supposedly dogs could hear and humans could not.  Has anybody ever tried those?  Did they work?
Peggy

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 03:56:12 pm »
Absolutly they hear in more range than we can!...When the train goes by down the way Samson howls like a wolf because it hurts his ears.