Author Topic: Really bad story  (Read 6891 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
Really bad story
« on: August 26, 2005, 05:25:20 pm »
Just heard on the news out here in Vegas that a man had to have his lab put to sleep after a neighbor placed straight pins into some food and the dog ate it - causing extreme GI damage....  I guess there had been a fe w anon. complaints about dog barking.

Terrible..can't believe someone would do that

Kiahpyr

Re: Really bad story
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 07:34:45 pm »
That's so horrible. I hate to think about stuff like that. I makes me angry and sad all at the same time. I also can't stop thinking about it due to mental pictures I get from reading this stuff. There was this guy on the news the other night who brutally killed his dog. I guess there was blood all over his house and he said the dog got hit by a car. No one believed him and now he's in jail. People like that make me sick.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 07:50:15 pm »
I worry about my pooches sometimes...my neighbors are cat people and they hate dogs...

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 07:53:55 pm »
Oh that is so sad. There are some horrible people around.

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 03:43:28 pm »
Crappy people. >:(

This summer, my daughter went camping with best friend's family. They have a sheperd mix named Bear.

He always goes and loves to splash around in the lake. Well,as they were walking back, one of their neighbor's dogs (they camp in the same place) charged at bear and bear bit back, pinning the dog to the ground by it's throat. Everyone panicked and of course seperated the two. The other dog was taken to the vet to get some stitches along his ear and they offered to pay. But the man who owned the other dog was really ticked and said the next time he  sees Bear, he'd kill the dog. That night the family and my daughter went to watch fireworks along the lake, leaving poor Bear on a tie out near the trailer. Way to trusting and a very stupid move. When they returned, his collar was left and there was no Bear. They found blood splattered everywhere. Bloody paw prints on the door as poor Bear must have panicked and pleaded for the safty of his family. There was a blood stained Sinder block and in the morning, gauges in the dirt where it had hit or missed. Some of Bear's teeth were found too.

For hours, there was a search party looking for Bear... but no one could find him.

Saddened, the family packed up and went home thinking Bear had died.

Four days later, a call came.Someone found Bear but he was in deplorable shape. Bad head injuries and having seizers. The family drove six hours to go get him and bring him home.

Nothing the family could do. Bear is alive and home,but so badly injured he'll never be the same.

People like this make me sick.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 03:50:55 pm »
That is the most horrible story I have ever heard!! I have a cinder block in my backyard with that a**h*le's name on it!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 04:56:34 pm »
Teresa Marie, please tell me that guy was prosecuted. I am so angry about what I just read  >:(
RIP former BPO

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2005, 05:00:44 pm »
Nothing they could do?  What about charge the guy?  He probably left some fingerprints on the cinder block, and with his previous threat, that would be enough to cite him.

As for the fist case, did they find who did it?

Aaarrgggh..... ...........thi s makes me so sick that someone could even think this way.  How deplorable.  It seriously makes my blood boil, and I would loooove to meet these kinds of people in a dark alley with no witnesses, and then see who's big and tough. (not that i'm big and tough........i'm only 5'5", but I pack a mean punch, and i have lots of friends willing to give me an alibi)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2005, 06:50:13 pm »
Crappy people. >:(

This summer, my daughter went camping with best friend's family. They have a sheperd mix named Bear.

He always goes and loves to splash around in the lake. Well,as they were walking back, one of their neighbor's dogs (they camp in the same place) charged at bear and bear bit back, pinning the dog to the ground by it's throat. Everyone panicked and of course seperated the two. The other dog was taken to the vet to get some stitches along his ear and they offered to pay. But the man who owned the other dog was really ticked and said the next time heĀ  sees Bear, he'd kill the dog. That night the family and my daughter went to watch fireworks along the lake, leaving poor Bear on a tie out near the trailer. Way to trusting and a very stupid move. When they returned, his collar was left and there was no Bear. They found blood splattered everywhere. Bloody paw prints on the door as poor Bear must have panicked and pleaded for the safty of his family. There was a blood stained Sinder block and in the morning, gauges in the dirt where it had hit or missed. Some of Bear's teeth were found too.

For hours, there was a search party looking for Bear... but no one could find him.

Saddened, the family packed up and went home thinking Bear had died.

Four days later, a call came.Someone found Bear but he was in deplorable shape. Bad head injuries and having seizers. The family drove six hours to go get him and bring him home.

Nothing the family could do. Bear is alive and home,but so badly injured he'll never be the same.

People like this make me sick.

What people will do to a helpless & gentle soul makes me seriously ill!!...I am sure nobody is going to like me for this  but, why in the h*ll did Bears owners leave him tied out & go watch fireworks after what happened & the threat that came after?????...I am sorry but that makes no sense to me at all!!