Author Topic: Stressful day!...Pictures at last!:)  (Read 18793 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Stressful day!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 07:21:41 am »
It sounds as if things are wonderfully chaotic there! ;D You have described thus far about every day at my house!...Ain't fur babies grand?!!! :D ;D

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 10:45:10 am »
Day 5 - second half:
Got home during my lunch break to find that Lucy had busted out (actually, she climbs out) of the pet yard & was there to greet me with Casper & Chessie....I'd put Bella upstairs and she was soooo put out with me!  But keeping her quiet was the only thing I could think to do when finding blood 5 minutes before I'm suppose to leave for work!!! :P  Everyone seemed okay & no accidents or blood......so back to work.  Decided not to bother with the pet yard or upstairs containment & prayed that I would have a house & animals left when I got back from work........

Evening went well - no accidents & lots of wonderful "hello's" when I came in the door....no blood, either!   :D  Bella has that teenager "bottomless legs" appetite!!!  ;D  Poor Chessie has to eat on top of the fridge or else the puppies or Casper eat his food before he has a chance to get to it. :D :D

I love to watch them play!  I get so tickled & just have to laugh to see Lucy "attack" the "big" dogs!!! ;D ;D  The girls love to double team Casper!!!! It's good for him, he's been the "BIG" dog for too long!!! ;D ;D

Day 6:
So far, so good....Bella's incision leaked some more of the watery blood this morning, but she is still her happy self....so I'm going to watch some more....the area around the incision isn't red or infected looking....I'm just a worrier, I guess :-\!!! 

Thinking of worrying....wo ke up this morning to find Lucy sleeping on the floor by the bed (she likes to crawl under it & pretend it's a cave!)...nothing wrong with that, except that she has the energizer bunny's batteries in her and to see her lying still made me worry that she was sick or something!!!  Mom definitely needs more sleep!!!! :D :D

Lucy loves to ankle bite Bella & Casper to try & get them to play :D....I was tickled to see that my new name is "ankle biter" on the post list!!!! :D :D

I totally agree with Gypsy!!  Fur babies are definitely "GRAND"!!!! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 12:55:52 am by LaurieW »

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 12:19:43 pm »
It sounds like everything is going really well!  Bella, Lucy and Casper are so cute!  I'm glad they're adjusting to their new home.   :)

Offline Bagherrasmom

• Gnawer
  • Bagherra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 02:11:48 pm »
Wow - It really sounds like you guys have been busy!!!!  I am so glad things are going good for you guys.   ;D  I still miss them like crazy.  They were hilarious to watch!   Of course, now we got a whole new set to watch, so it all turns out good.  Sadie has taken up barking - at ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!  Drives me crazy.  Now I know why pupdaddy's policeman next door said Miller had to go!!  She decided to start this at 2:30 in the morning last night.  And... if that was not bad enough, she has taught Bagherra how to do it and boy do their voices carry!   It is really worth it though because now she is happy and CAN bark.  She was just so sick, it is really hard to get mad at her!  So we do the "No bark" thing (which does not work at all - in fact, I think she thinks it is funny).

I am not sure if you remember Barry when you came to get Bella and Lucy, but they have another puppy coming in from Canton that looks just like him.  They have to be from the same litter.  Same ears and everything (I do not think the blue eyes though).  They are calling on pupdaddy for that one!!  We shall see.  He is really good with the puppies that come in.  Donut has already gained double his weight!  Yay pupdaddy!!  Of course we cannot have anyone come in here for about six months because of the parvo and the kennel cough.  Speaking of which, have Bella and Lucy had any problems with coughing?  Stormie (our lab girl) got it, but the others seem to be fine (which is kind of weird, since they are all up-to-date on their shots).  Now we are giving two of them antibiotics and cough medicine.  Stormie has been throwing up a lot though, so it is hard to keep her meds down.  No problems with the parvo part though thank goodness.  A cough we can deal well.   

Hope to see pictures of Bella, Lucy and Casper soon!!  They are all so pretty.  I am so glad they found you (and you them)!!  It sounds like everyone is so happy. 

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2005, 07:16:00 am »

I am not sure if you remember Barry when you came to get Bella and Lucy, but they have another puppy coming in from Canton that looks just like him.  They have to be from the same litter.  Same ears and everything (I do not think the blue eyes though).  They are calling on pupdaddy for that one!!  ...
I had to turn them down, one too many dogs with him. I'm PupDaddy, not PupIdiot!

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 09:08:38 am »
Day 6:  CRASH IN THE NIGHT!!! :o

Actually had what's become a "normal" day here - chase the cat, chase each other, eat like there's no tomorrow, one tiny accident late in the day (total count for the week:  Lucy 3, Bella 0), tear up paper, chew on the hardboard that supposed to back one of mom's cabinets and hadn't gotten nailed down on the cabinet yet, double team Casper while playing "king of the stairs", and most unusual of all - they slept a lot!!!! ;D

Casper is still sulking a bit that he's not the only dog anymore...he's taken to growling at Lucy when she ankle bites him to get him to play.  Those baby teeth hurt can hurt, and Bella has some bruises on her belly from them.  So far, no parvo & no kennel cough...Bella was sneezing a lot for about 48 hours, and both Bella & Casper have developed a green eye drainage.  Just a tiny amount of blood from Bella's incision - it looks like she is having a little bleeding from her vulva - is this normal??? ???

Lucy keeps trying to climb into the bucket of fresh water that I keep for them outside, so I put her on the first step of the pool (6 inches) to see what she would do - she just stood there and then calmly climbed up & out.  I'm hoping she'll like the water...I used to love having races with Miko (lab/blue heeler mix that went to heaven in spring '04) in the pool.  Casper thinks the pool is EVIL!!  Bella ignores it.  I tried to get Casper in the pool twice earlier this summer - first with treat bribes, next by just picking up his 90 lb self & placing him on the first step - after much effort, got him to the second step & swam 3 circles - I was covered with scratches and he was one wet MAD dog!!!  He wouldn't take a treat for even trying to swim, and went & hid in the yard!!!LOL!!!  Silly thing doesn't realize he's dealing with a mom that taught a golden retriever - Dona - (also a rescue, also in heaven - spring '05) who'd never swam to swim!!!  I am going to persevere!!!! :D

Silly mom thought everything was going okay until.......CR ASH!!!! :o  It's 2:15 AM and Lucy is barking like crazy, Bella can't be found, and Casper, the big goof, just looks up from his place on the bed & then lays his head back down as if he can't be bothered!!! :P  Somebody forgot to tell him that he's supposed to be a GUARDIAN dog!!! ;)

I go investigate and find Bella cowering in the downstairs hall and infront of her in a big pile is the kitchen stool, the total gym, and the vacuum cleaner....now the kitchen stool lives in the kitchen about 30 feet from where it is now, and the vacuum cleaner lives in that hall, and the total gym has a place in the living room near the doorway to the hall......HOW did she get all 3 together in a pile?????  Poor thing, I think she may have peed on herself in fright, 'cause she smelled like urine and I couldn't find any wet spots on the carpet once all the equipment was back in place.  It took a while for her to settle down and bring her tail out from between her legs...she kept looking like she could jump a mile any minute if one more thing fell down!!! ;)

AAAh, the joys of having fur babies - well, any kind of baby, for that matter! :D :D :D

Lucy weighs 20 lb this morning - that's 5 lb in 7 days - gotta try keep up with PupDaddy's record with Donut, ya know!!! ;)

As soon as I figure out how to change "JPEG" to ".jpg" I'll have pictures to post!  Any of you computer saavy people out there that can tell me how???
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 12:51:04 am by LaurieW »

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 09:50:45 am »
DAY 7:

Had to work yesterday (day 7) & gotta work today, too! (need money to feed those hungry bellies & pay the vet bills!!) ;) 

Checked on the cuties half way through the day - everything going well....got home & could smell the "accident" as I walked through the door....poor Lucy!!! :-\  It's tough having a mom that has to work long hours!  Got everyone outside, then fed & cleaned up the mess (yuck).....and then it was play time for 2 hours. :)

They played inside, they played outside, then they played inside again.  One of their favorite games inside is "king of the stairs"....kinda scary after I read some of the threads about stairs & puppies on other BPO areas!  Lucy, the younger one is taking to the stairs with no problem...last night I noticed that Bella gets about 3/4 the way up & stops, rests, then completes the journey - is this a sign of too much too soon, or early HD??? ???  She has no problem going up or down when playing the game, just when following mom or her doggy friends......

Best thing about day 7:  MIDNIGHT SWIM!! ;D  IT was just too funny!!!!!!!! During the outside part of the play session that was filled with lots of zoomies & rolling in the grass, Lucy decided to check out that first step on the pool that I showed her last night!!!  She walked right up, jumped down & then snuggled into the water like we snuggle into our blankets on a cold night (or into our guy's arms!)!! :D  I was laughing hard, and running inside to get the camera & praying that she didn't drown herself before I could get back outside to get a pic!!  What a happy dog!  To be thoroughly wet & outside with friends to chase & nip & grass to roll in & agapanthus stems to bite & chew & destroy!!!! LIFE IS FUN!!! ;D

What an absolute JOY to have these critters around!!! :D :D  You're right, Pup Daddy - they are sooooo worth every effort and every anxiety and every clean up job!!!! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 01:00:47 am by LaurieW »

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 08:31:01 pm »
Day 6:  CRASH IN THE NIGHT!!! :o

As soon as I figure out how to change "JPEG" to ".jpg" I'll have pictures to post!  Any of you computer saavy people out there that can tell me how???
First, read you camera instructions, and see if there is an option to change to default to the .jpg extention.

If not, when you start to attach the picture to you subject, you click the "browse" button, you then go to the directory where your picture is. You would click on the picture you want to attach, but before you click and choose "okay" click the right mouse button, and choose to "rename" change the file extention form .jpeg to .jpg, and you're done.

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2005, 12:30:24 am »
TY, TY, Pup Daddy!!!! :D

It's been a long day after a long week at work  :P ...when I can keep my eyes open and my brain unfogged enough to change all the pictures (in the morning...well, later in the morning as it is 1:30AM), I'll post a whole bunch of them!  The instruction book & cd to the camera are buried somewhere on my desk...so it'll be easier to change the pictures than the camera right now..... ;)

BTW - very cute pic of donut on your avatar!!! :)

The pics will show y'all what I came home to tonight!!! :o :o :o  Seems my little darlin's were having a party while I was at work!!!! ;)  I got some serious housecleaning to do!!!! :P  I'll pick up the worst of it tonight before turning in...the rest can wait 'cause my babies want to play!!!  They don't know that mom is nearly asleep on her feet!!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 01:20:29 am by LaurieW »

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
Re: Stressful day!...Pictures at last!:)
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2005, 07:34:59 pm »
It was a late night after cleaning up from the dog's party with packing materials and yet my little energizer bunny Lucy was up bright & early & ready to play!!! :)  Day 9 has started!! :D

She & Bella found a great spot to dig up in the back yard....after Lucy had gone for a morning dip in the pool (thank goodness - I shudder to think what the pool would've looked like the other way around!!! ;)  Sometimes it was hard to know if they were digging or fighting over who would get to lie in the cool spot!! :D

There actually have been some quiet moments.....fe w and far between.....Lu cy gave Chessie puppy kisses!! :-* :-*

Bella & Lucy needed baths after the dig - oh boy, that was not fun for Bella!!!  She had to go & sulk afterward..... I think she forgave me when I took her by my work and showed her, Lucy & Casper off -  She got lots of attention for being soooo pretty with her fur clean & soft!

Offline Bagherrasmom

• Gnawer
  • Bagherra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2005, 08:04:50 pm »
Those pictures are wonderful and priceless!!!!   I just sit here and laughed.  They look GREAT and oh so happy!!   I think I forgot to tell you Bella does not like water much - I bet if anyone can teach her though - you can.  Thank you for posting all the pictures!   ;D

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2005, 08:15:58 pm »
I think I forgot to tell you Bella does not like water much   ;D

Hahahahahahaha hha!  NOW you tell me!!!!  TY, Karen!!! ;D :D ;D :D ;)

Offline Bagherrasmom

• Gnawer
  • Bagherra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2005, 11:07:17 am »
Hey Laurie - Thought I would share this picture I found of Bagherra and Lucy.... It was so sweet!  Give all the babies kisses from all of us!!!

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2005, 11:22:08 am »
Wow!!! That is just adorable!!!  Thank you so much for posting it!!  :D

I took some more pics to Wallymart today to get put on disc so I can share them in the thread & hope to post them tonight....the saga continues!!! (oh no!)....... ;D

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2005, 06:41:02 pm »
Days 10-13:  Finally, a semi-normal routine.....

My fur babies have continued to adjust & have settled into a routine (of sorts):  play in the morning, eat, play some more, sleep, sleep some more, potty break, play at dusk, play harder, eat, chew bone chips, sleep, play late at night, sleep...... :)

Lucy can now jump onto the bed & it's like having a human child sleep in your bed with you...she wiggles, she moves, she "talks", she crawls, she tries to chew on mommy, she walks on mommy & Casper, and plops herself down at the top of the bed just above mommy's head on mommy's pillow and curls her body around mommy's head....someti mes she has to groom mommy's hair, and sometimes she wakes mommy up by giving her puppy kisses in the morning..... :D :D :D

This morning, mommy ignored Bella (she was nosing the levalor blinds at the window & making lots of noise)....and when mommy finally woke up, Bella had snatched one of her leather sandals & chewed through the strap   :-\   ....a few days ago, mommy woke to the sound of gnawing & went & checked....Bel la looked very innocent, but on close examination of the area where she was lying, the baseboard had been chewed on  :o   ....Lucy accidently/on purpose spilled mommy's ice water this evening and Bella spent several concentrated minutes looking for & chewing the ice cubes... :D 

Well, stupid mommy thought it was funny that she was chewing ice cubes (mom's addicted to chewing ice, too) and so she put crushed ice in the water bowls when she brought the furkids in to eat supper.....and, because Bella has taken Zoey's advice about how to drool, all the water she picked up with the cubes leaked out of the back of her mouth where her lips are loose, and onto the floor....Lucy thought that water splashing was great fun and began pawing at the water & cubes that remained in the bowls and splashing it out & then zooming around the house with wet paws (yup - headed straight for the hardwood dining room floor first, too!!)!!! :D :D  Think they were just trying to help mommy keep the floor clean??? ;D ;) ;D

I've been looking at Casper & Bella (pure pyr) & Lucy (pyr/collie mix?) & wondering .... Casper was originally thought to be a Pyr/lab mix, & then a Pyr/German shepherd mix (when he developed a sensitive stomach & I had to do an elimination diet to find out what it was - greenies); but after seeing the cute pictures on the Kuvasz site, I'm wondering if he's got some of that breed in him too?  Whatever he is - he's a lovebug!  He's starting his fall "molt" and I'm having fun pulling his undercoat out - it's kinda like popping the bubble wrap...ya just can't pop one bubble, and I can't do just one pull!  Fortunately, he's really good natured and tolerates his mom messing with him. ;D

Chessie the cat decided to help mom put together some cabinets on Labor day, and the 3 dogs lined up to watch....Caspe r decided to get camera shy just as I snapped the picture (he doesn't like the infared beam or the flash).... :-\

Lucy kept falling asleep so I put her on the bed & she crawled right up to my/ummmm, her pillow---it was too much to resist posing her with Miko's bear......I am soooo blessed to have these sweeties in my life!!! :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 07:51:10 pm by LaurieW »