Author Topic: Stressful day!...Pictures at last!:)  (Read 18794 times)

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
Re: Stressful day!...Pictures at last!:)
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2005, 01:04:30 am »
Day 28:    Anyone out there know what I need to do to fix the stair? ???
1, spray that spot with bitter apple
2. wait 1 1/2 years until they are not puppies any more
3, buy and move into a new home
4, get a puppy
5, return to #1

1.  Yup, did that & have been doing it......it wears off after 2-3 days....must've missed it on the last go round...... :(
2.  Gonna do that..... ;)
3.  Don't think I'll be doin' that..... :)
4.  I have 3 - maybe I need one more?  LOL!!......BTW....d id Fluffy get adopted? ;D
5.  Gonna keep doin' that (also use ground pepper!) ;)

Thanks for the advice, Walter!!  I love your sense of humor - makes me laugh every time!!! :D

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
Re: Stressful day!...Or: It's a dog's life! :)
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2005, 02:55:24 pm »
Day 32:

Wow!!  Can't believe my babies have been with me for a month!!! ;D ;D

Everyone is settling in, including my foster, "Mini" Pearl. 

Pearl came up & nosed a sqeaky toy tonight (instead of turning her head away) & ran after it in a game of "fetch" - she'd get it & trot proudly to one of her hiding spots in the yard...she even came out from behind the junipers that line the fence when I called her to come inside....she starting to play more & more with Bella & Lucy - she & Lucy are very close in size even though Pearl is 2-3 months older than Lucy....  She still has moments of fear...and there are steps backwards for those that go forward...but her overall direction is in the right way - I'm sooo proud of her!!! :)  She's also getting interested in what's happening when the other 3 are training - instead of hiding behind the sofa where she can't see us at all...she now lies down about 12 feet away & watches!

It's been Vet week here - 3 times so far!!! LOL!!  Is it any wonder that after 13 years, my vet & I are good friends & on first name basis!?!

First - Lucy developed a small abscess where her spay incision was healing - that got better with drainage & pulling out the stitch that didn't disolve like it was supposed to...

Second - Pearl's ears started smelling really bad  :P  - it was time for her (non absorbable) stitches to come out, so off to see Dr. Ted...poor thing was shaking with fright after having to get the nasty stuff flushed out of her ear canals....she got lots of attention & loving from Dr. Ted's staff, to make up for it....and I took her to Petsmart for a special treat....she was frightened when we first walked in, so I put her in the basket....then she got brave & jumped out & wanted to walk all over the store!!!  LOL!!  She got scared again at the check out register (a really tall, big guy was standing in line behind me)...so I picked her up & put her on the counter to be near me & let her know it was okay....lot's of adults were in the store that day (kids were all in school) & they would come up & love on her & ask about her!!  :)

Third trip to see Dr. Ted was today - Bella was tilting her head to the left & shaking it almost non-stop when I got home last night....I looked, but no sign of infection....a nd I just knew she probably had gotten one of those stupid burs in there......sur e enough, when Dr. Ted looked today - there are 3-4 of them all the way down next to the tympanic membrane!  Choices were to do general anesthesia & flush (they are so far down that it would be very painful for her to do it awake - a different situation from Pearl's superficial ear infection) or to try Otic-calm flushes for a week & see if I can get them out here at home --- I'm gonna do plan B & hope for the best!!!   All because I like wildflowers & encourage them in my garden & didn't get them out when they went to seed 'cause it got hot & I went on mission trips.....(give me a bit & I'll think of more excuses!!! LOL!!)   :-\ ;) :)

Poor Bella!  She hates the car!!  She got car sick (good thing she had an empty stomach & it was just drool) when I took her with Lucy earlier this week....so she was NOT thrilled to have to get in the car today!  What with being nauseated & drooling more than usual & shaking her head to try & get rid of the burs in her ear canal -- she was flingning the stuff every where!!! LOL!!  I shouldn't have laughed, but it was funny!!!

I was chatting with the clerk at Dr. Ted's about Pyrs - there's one in the Saginaw animal control shelter which is the town my vet is located in....seems her dad wants a Pyr....I gave her SPIN's info when I went earlier in the week with Bella & Lucy....then found out about the one in the shelter & called the animal control officer to let him know that she might be interested.... the Pyr in the shelter is there for the 3rd or 4th time...his owner surrendered him rather than pay the fine again...seems he didn't want to fix his fence, either....   >:(  Typical story:  No shots, fur matted, not neutered, dog aggressive (but luckily not people aggressive), weight - unusually good at 120lb.....  We've all seen the stories here on BPO...why do people get dogs & then not take responsibility for them? ???!!!  The girl at Dr. Ted's office thinks her dad might like to give this dog a try....please keep the poor Pyr in your prayers! 

While we were talking, the lady behind me & her daughter start petting Bella after asking permission (Bella's eating this up!!!)  And the lady starts asking what breed she is...etc...I'm thinking.....h mmm....her daughter is in this cute pink & white cheerleading outfit....Donu t looks great in pink....they would match!!!  So I told her about Donut & how to get to petfinder.com & look at her pictures...... .then I felt guilty 'cause I think Pup Daddy's heart is gonna break even bigger when Donut leaves than when Deuce left......I just don't see him letting her go.....

Well, it's finally time to leave the vets - and Bella doesn't want to move...she's perfectly happy just lying on the cool tile floor!  I finally coax her up & we walk out the door just as several Semi's are roaring by along the highway & she gets scared & turns & tries to get back in the door & ends up in the corner of the front porch doing a melt down!!!  I'm laughing, and trying to coax her back up - it's only 20 feet to the car...and nothing doing!!!   :o   So I pick up her front end & put her paws under her, and then try to get the back end up, and she lets all her bones "melt" (if any of you have toddlers out there you know what I'm talking about!!! LOL!!) - she & I try this several times, and finally I poke my head in the door of the clinic to see if Dr. Ted will come & pick up my bag of 71lbs of melted Pyr for me....now he's laughing, too, & suggests doing what we've all done in the grocery store with our human kids....tell them we're leaving & walk away.....so I go to the car & Bella the Princess just lies there until Dr. Ted picks her up & carries the poor Princess!  LOL!!  ;D

I would've taken her to PetSmart for a treat, but she began to drool copiously from the nausea & was flinging it all over me & the car...and I decided that it would be better just to go home....LOL!!  Once we were in the house she made a bee line for the bedroom & her bed, but couldn't get in (I shut the door when I'm gone so they don't tear things up), and settled for lying down on the upstairs landing.  Poor Baby Princess!!!  LOL!!

The pics for today are of Pearl & Bella:
first one is Pearl hiding under the recliner (the recliner is decorated with Bella's wood carvings!!)
second one is Bella with her favorite treat - a rawhide chip

It's been grand sharing this month with y'all!  Thanks so much for supporting, listening & reading!!   :)  Unless y'all tell me otherwise, I'm gonna let this be my last post for this thread.

Grace & Peace,
Laurie