Author Topic: HELP ME!!! I will be Euthanized in a week!  (Read 3166 times)

Offline 4fourpaws

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
HELP ME!!! I will be Euthanized in a week!
« on: August 26, 2005, 09:53:29 pm »
I am a six year old Purebred German Shepherd Girl.. I am a beautiful Bi-Color. I am male dog social... if introduced right. I am shy but have been tons better since with my foster family. I was rescued from Euthanisa already by my foster mom... who is only 16.. so her parents will only let her keep me for a week to find her a home. If i can't find a home I will be Euthanized. My foster mom has called many rescues, I was very neglected and maybe abused. I wasn't socialized so it's not my fault. I would Prefer a home with kids 12 and up. Experinced Home! I am very submissive. I have many admirers who would like to adopt me... but my foster mom feels that these familys aren't ready for a dog like me. With little kids and busy bodys.. I need a home that my mom will spend lots of time getting me to trust her. I am potty trained, and obedience trained here is a picture of me email my foster mom... @ dobe530408nr@yahoo.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.co<span style= m" width="350" height="135" class="bbc_img resized" />

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: HELP ME!!! I will be Euthanized in a week!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 10:50:37 pm »
4fourpaws..... I am not quite sure if I understand the post  ;) It says she is male dog social, does that mean she is not accepting other females?

I hope you find a good home for her, but having worked in rescue for many years, my advice to you is to hang on to dear life to the families who are willing to adopt her already. No they might not be ideal, they might need a bit introduction to a GS and a bit help, but if you already have families who have the heart and desire to adopt her, it sure beats being euthanized.

Can you tell me a bit more about where she is located, and maybe since she already is in a foster home, the parents can accept a bit longer stay until the perfect family comes around  :)

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 12:20:56 am »
I really hope that you can get her to a good family. I agree with Marit though, you need to give to a family who is willing to take on the challegnge of this pretty girl.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 02:50:45 pm »
I hope you find a good home for her, but having worked in rescue for many years, my advice to you is to hang on to dear life to the families who are willing to adopt her already. No they might not be ideal, they might need a bit introduction to a GS and a bit help, but if you already have families who have the heart and desire to adopt her, it sure beats being euthanized.

I agree, to a point. There are some situations where desperation for a home takes pressidence as long as the rescuer is very certain,very sure the animal will get proper care,love and attention..and not just tossed in the back yard, on a chain with little to no care. After all, big dog lovers have to start somewhere. I sure didn't have 'large dog experience' untill my family and I had gotten Blizzard. All we knew was that we wanted her so much, we'd  would be willing to learn as we go along,  to make sure she got the best care and training.