Author Topic: Southern Calif. Gathering ... Rescheduled?  (Read 49733 times)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Southern Calif. Gathering ... Rescheduled?
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2005, 03:33:39 pm »
Got a reply to my question from the Dog Beach Guy.
He said it's very crowded on weekends, about a 20 minute wait just to park, and bring plenty of quarters for the meters. A quarter is good for 10 minutes!
FYI
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2005, 04:30:32 pm »
Oh no! Poor Gunther!!

As for the crowding and parking at the beach...Michae l and I always park a little farther away to park for free then walk to the beach. On the way back, if Bear & I are tired he will get the car and bring us valet service. It's great. I honestly don't think the "dog" part of the beach will too bad if it is early enough though!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2005, 04:50:54 pm »
Don't be discouraged, the parking problem isn't exclusive to the dog beach.. it's the entire Huntington Beach area. The parking meters are the same - which pretty much goes for all of So Cal - there is no free parking. It always take a little more time to get in and out of the area but it's alot of fun. The city of Huntinton Beach is beautiful with tons of great shops and restaurants. The dog beach is really the best dog beach on the west coast as there are so many dogs and dog friendly people. Just adjacent to the dog beach is of course the main beach at the pier and there are usually thousands of people - definately crouded but a lot of fun!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2005, 05:06:48 pm »
There is also that dog-friendly restaurant near the dog park in Huntington Beach....is it Mile Square Park????

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2005, 05:16:10 pm »
The life guard tower just at the bottom of the entrance ramp is probably the easiest place to meet and we could walk down to the middle tower a bit later....but it is narrow there depending on the tide....at high tide there's not much beach.  Do you think we should meet a bit earlier to try to get parking???  Maybe 10:30 - 11:00 ish???

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2005, 05:34:17 pm »
My first Newf, Otis ALWAYS sat in the front seat of my car.....couldn't make him stay in the back.  I COMPLETELY lost my brains one day and got right in to the carpool lane.  Fortuntely, one of my sons was in another car right behind me and he called my cell and started yellilng at me that "no matter what you think, Mom, OTIS IS NOT A PERSON!!!!  You CAN'T be in the carpool lane"  I was embarrassed while completely doubled over laughing.  Any creature that weighs 150 lbs SHOULD be considered a person!!

I'll check the map and look to see what tower it is.  I haven't been down there in months so maybe I'll need to do a little field trip to check it out  ;D!!!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2005, 05:39:49 pm »
I completely agree Newflvr! Big dogs SHOULD be considered carpool material.  :D
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2005, 04:27:41 pm »
I did a "drive-by" today and Lifeguard station #22 has far more parking spots than the place I was thinking of....#24.   Today, being mid week AND the first week of school, I got the last place closest to #24....so I drove down to the next parking area at #22 and there were tons of places.....and yes, all metered at 25 cents for 10 minutes.   GRRRRRRR :o I don't really know where the free parking is unless you park on a side street further up and RUN across Pacific Coast Highway....sca ry thought.

Also, on Goldwest BLVD on the way back to the 405 Frwy there is a dog friendly cafe with a large patio area we could stop at when the dogs are all tuckered out.  Just a thought!

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2005, 04:41:45 pm »
So far so good with the count! It seems like it will be an awesome bunch!

Kirsten- what is with you and the casts at meet-n-greet time? If I recall, last time it was Shakespear in a cast.  ???

Tom actually got his cast put on a day before Shakespeare did..... They were quite a pair for awhile!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2005, 06:18:28 pm »
Too funny! Are you just beating up the boys in your life or what??  ;D

And....I think we will have an official BPO sign so that everyone can find us. Woohoo!!
Hugs,
Jaime

nickerbokker

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2005, 12:42:11 pm »
FMIL.....is my brad coming?  have you bought him the newfie pups from us yet?  if so, i think i'll take one home with me okay?  okay, great thanks!  i've also decided to stay at your house, so we can bond. 

OH IT WILL BE SWELL LOL

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2005, 12:55:33 pm »
Of course, mydear!!!  Nothing will be spared!  You are Of COURSE staying here!!!  How's our boy Angus?  Did you get him fitted with fake ones yet?? 

You may laugh, but I actually am going to see if Brad wants to just take a little run down there just to see what's what.  The young man works too hard and he needs a few giggles.  Don't wear your wedding dress, though 'k?  That might scare him off!

nickerbokker

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2005, 12:57:20 pm »
i could never wear the dress, it needs 20 people behind it, and i think we need to focus on the dogs, not my dress!  can't wait LMAO. 

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2005, 12:59:08 pm »
WHAT???? You aren't going to have the dogs hold your train????  What's up with that???  Cowboy walks slowly and so respectfully, and I bet Cody would do a perfect job as well.  Angus and Chester could be ring dogs!!! ;D

nickerbokker

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2005, 01:00:16 pm »
OH PERFECT!  THAT WOULD BE GREAT!  and since the little pups youre getting us are girls, they can each carry a flower down the isle for us! 

oh how great our day will be!