Author Topic: Introductions!!  (Read 5411 times)

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
Introductions!!
« on: April 13, 2005, 11:59:28 am »
Lets Introduce ourselves!

I’ll start:

My name is Michael, and I’m married to Jaime for almost two years and have a beautiful healthy 2.5 year old Newfoundland. We were introduced to the breed by chance one day and a few years later, had the chance to adopt. Since, we’ve been involved in some obedience work, but are really interested in water rescue, carting, and tracking. We joined the Northern California Newfoundland Club to get started and met some really great people. The training should hopefully get serious this summer as Bear doesn’t get out of the house much unless we’re getting in the water. Finally, we’ve just started getting involved with rescue organizations for big dogs in general and are on the lookout for our next roommate!

Michael~
www.michaeland jaime.com

Offline gdbpupraiser

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 01:05:20 pm »
My name is Michelle.  I'm a puppy raiser for Guide Dogs For The Blind Inc. (GDB)  I have raised four wonderful Labby Boys.  My first was Yellow Lab Kennedy, who didn't quite make the cut because he has elbow displasia.  Second was Aztec, a Black Lab, who graduted 2/04 as a working guide.  Third was Fletcher, Black Lab, who was my monster boy.  Was the big boy at 9 weeks and 30 pounds.  Fletcher is now at "GDBU" or guide dog collage.  Now I have Provo, my bouncy little Black Lab.  Provo is now 9 months.

Michelle & Provo
#4 Provo
http://www.dogster.com/?118819
#3 Fletcher
http://www.dogster.com/?118846
#2 Aztec
http://www.dogster.com/?121710
#1 Kennedy
http://www.dogster.com/?121701

Offline Sullysmoms

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 05:42:29 pm »
My name is Kelly.  Lets see.. I have been married 12 1/2 years.  Have 5 children.  3 dogs [2 labs and an OEM] and 3 cats.  I am a juvenille intake and assessment worker at night, do some dog training on the side, and stay home during the day to run my kids' and farmer husbands many errands.  ::) ;)

Sully is my mastiff.  I got him from Steadfast Mastiiffs in Indiana.  WONDERFUL people!!!!!  He is in training to become my replacement for my volunteer therapy dog.  My lab, who is almost 5 years, does it now, but she just isnt' crazy about it as it doesn't involve throwing tennis balls or frisbees and running at break neck speeds.  ;D

Sully is a very slow growing boy.  Currently I am trying to get some more weight on him.  He is so active... it is hard.  At 16 months he is only 140 lbs. and 30 1/2 inches high.  His dad was 265 lbs. and his mom was 180... so he will most likely grow some more.  But if not.... hey I can live with it... he already takes up too much room since he insists on stretching out in the middle of any room he is in!  ::) :D

Offline Demi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 08:59:09 pm »
Hello all...  My name is Demi.  My husband Brian and I will be married 3 years on May 18th of this year.  We're the proud parents of a 3 year old Red Merle Australian Shepherd named Savannah that we rescued from Animal Services a year ago this month.  Poor girl has aquired the nickname "Savannah Banana" or "Bananahead".  Don't ask me where this came from, I suppose it just rhymed!  She doesn't mind really, she's loved very much and is spoiled rotten... 
With every moment, you have the opportunity to change things...

Offline walnutcreekbernese

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 09:38:55 pm »
 :) Hello, My name is Sarah, I am young adult age 22yrs lives in New Zealand (North Island), It is a beautiful country, lots of greens lands but the weathers started to get awful rain and colder now as we have autumn season (Winter coming soon) - I live with my parents and 2 teenagers brothers and we have 5 dogs and 10 cats, a baby tame budgie and very noisy lovebird!!!. ;)

- Our dogs that we have is 1yrs old smooth coat Chihuahua name Maxi, he is a pet as he was born with cute tip bent tail from when he was born that his mother had 5 puppies which is bigger litter also Maxi is quiet big healthy Chihuahua!  :D

- Tess and Tosh, both are Maltese terriers and they are 11yrs and 12yrs (half sisters), we just adopted them from their previous owner last year. ;)

Hunter is a staffy cross Lab that we rescues him from a lady who doesn’t really wanted him at all so we decide to adopt him and raise him to be a good dog however he became a real great mate to my youngest brother (15yrs). 8)

Next... Me… I own a beautiful Bernese mountain puppy name Autumn and she is my first bernese - I really love large breed and decide to get one that I could do the showing and carting as a hobbies – Something to do for a hobbies and friendship
- I had a hardest time to pick out which breed that I would buy first then another next stage so I picked Bernese mountain as Autumn is the bigger of the litter, outgoing and great temperament - she is the one! – I am study as Computers and design in university. :)

Then later on in the next stage.... I am thinking about getting a New Foundland or St Bernard but the problem is that my family's plan is to move back to America in 2 years (2006) to be more closer to my mother’s families in America - We will take our dogs and cats but not sure how expensive it would cost to take another largest breed of dog to take with us to USA. :)

Offline walnutcreekbernese

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 09:41:06 pm »
Opps! - Forgotten to add - Autumn is now 10 mth old!

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 08:58:09 pm »
*Bump*

Offline BOBI

• Gnawer
  • I'M NOT YOUNG ENOUGH TO KNOW EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 12:07:29 pm »
HELLO ALL BIG DOG LOVERS. AND THANX FOR THE INVITE BEAR.
MY NAME IS BOBI, I'M 45.I HAVE BEEN A GROOMER FOR OVER 25 YEARS WITH SOMEWHERE IN THE VICINITY OF 15 ISH YEARS WORKING IN VET CLINICS. I AM MARRIED 13 YEARS NOW. WE HAVE A BLENDED 5 KID FAMILY WITH ONE 12 YEAR OLD LITTLE BOB LEFT.
I HAVE ALWAYS HAD DOGS AND PETS. AND RAISED DOBERMANS FOR SEVERAL YEARS. HAD AN IRISH WOLFHOUND WHEN YOUNGER, AND WAITING FOR TIME AND ENERGY AND LAND FOR ANOTHER.
WE HAVE TWO BOUVIERS. FRAN WHO WILL BE 8 IN JULY. AND MISTER DAEGO WHO IS 5 MONTHS. I CO-OWN DAEGO (OR DAE) WITH THE KENNEL I HELP WITH FROM TIME TO TIME. WHICH IS ALSO WHERE I ADOPTED FRAN FROM. HE GOES TO HIS FIRST SHOW IN MAY.
I CLOSED MY GROOMING SHOP IN NOV. LAST YEAR, AND NOW PUTTER WITH BUILDING POLICE CARS AND OTHER VARIOUS WEIRD JOBS.
I HAVE HAD EXOTIC BIRDS (PARROTS) ALL KINDS OF FISH, REPTILES, TURTLES, RABBITS, GUINEA PIGS, CATS AND DOGS.
MY FATHER TOLD MY HUSBAND WHEN WE GOT MARRIED, WHEN YOU SAY I TAKE THIS WOMAN.......YO U ALSO TAKE THE CATS, DOGS, BIRDS, FISH, ETC. LOL HE HAS BEEN THE BEST. (THE HUSBAND)
LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING WHAT YA'LL CHAT ABOUT AND PEOPLES COMMENTS. WILL SEE IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST SOME PHOTOS OF OUR BOUVS.
BOBI
LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING....    "HOLY CRAP, WHAT A RIDE..."

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 12:25:16 pm »
Hi, did some intro. when I joined but didnt see this. My name is Marit, married to my husband Chris for 5 years. We have three children (the human kind) and three dogs, one Bullmastiff, one Siberian Husky and one Golden mix, the two latter are rescues. We are also waiting on our OEM puppy boy, who we will be picking up monday. I also have one cat, her name is Trouble (need I say more), one parrot and two Degus (its a pocket pet, native from Chili). For now I am a stay at home full time mom, used to work with bus. administration, but since youngest child I have been home. Work with both dog and cat rescue, right now mostly active in MCR, Maine Coon Rescue, where I work as a Case Manager. We live in NC, but I am swedish and moved here about 5 years ago (hubby american), I have lived with dogs my whole life, used to have Danes, did conformation showing with them, and with my German Shepherd I did obedience. I am hoping to start the new puppy in therapy work when he gets a little older.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog