Author Topic: 2 dogs in 2 months  (Read 3238 times)

Offline hksigman

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
2 dogs in 2 months
« on: August 28, 2005, 01:28:14 pm »
in the last two months i have had to put down 2 of my dogs. Angus my 5 year old male rottie had sino-nasal carcinoma and then my girl-bear my 8 year old long hair rottie had bone cancer and had to be put down 2 weeks ago

it was truly the hardest thing i have had to do. i know they are together pain free and playin as they wait for me but it is still difficult to come home and not be greeted.

Icerotti

Re: 2 dogs in 2 months
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 01:32:12 pm »
Oh that is horrible to hear. I am so sorry. I lost two in 6 months and that was horrible. God it seems cancer is vicious in rottis. I lost 2 of my rottis to cancer.  They were 8 and 9 years old.
Are you considering getting another dog in the future?

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 01:41:37 pm »

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about the losses of your dear ones.

I just can't imagine your grief.

My deepest sympathy....
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 02:08:14 pm »
I am so very sorry.  You may find that just the work it takes in having a puppy will help you get through it.  When I lost Rosie I knew that I would never find another girl like her.  Then the second that I held Sugar Bear in my arms I found that is was not the same but had his own very special ways.  Now I have Dixie Darlin, who is my wild child who makes me laugh most of the day.  I do not know how I would make it a single day without my two fur-babies.  We visit Rosie's grave site every day and I tell her how much I miss and love her.  I know she is so very happy that I have Sugar Bear and Dixie now, she would not want mommy to be alone.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Jeanne

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 11:51:57 am »
So sorry to hear of your losses. Losing one is hard, losing two so close together can only be devastating. Hang in there and, when you're ready, you'll find the right new dog(s). They won't be the two you loved who are gone, but I know they'll do their doggy best to fill the void. Please keep us posted.
Jeanne
aka "Mommy Dog" to Goulash (Komondor) and Harley Quinn (Dalmatian)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 12:38:02 pm »
I am so VERY sorry!  It is such a hard thing to do, but we all know that there are times when you just have NO choice!  You did the right thing and they are together romping and playing and rolling pain-free near the bridge!  My two wonderful Newfs are right there with them, drooling and woofing and playing too.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 12:41:36 pm »
That is a hard one to deal with.  No one should loose 2 that close together.  My heart bleeds for you!