Author Topic: Not New, but I never did this!  (Read 2863 times)

Offline GreytGirl

• Gnawer
  • Sleepy Boy
    • View Profile
Not New, but I never did this!
« on: August 28, 2005, 04:01:12 pm »
Right then... so I've posted on the board several times but I never took the time to do this (partially due to lack of time), which, it seems is a general trend. (We just wanna go have fun!)  Maybe I'll start a fad?

I'm a senior in high school, so time is money... or actually... grades... but none the less, I try to visit the boards as often as I can... and now on to more important things that you might actually care about!  The dogs.  ;)

My family (okay... My mom and I... my dad and brother could care less) have two greyhounds.  Both are retired racers, except for the fact that one of them only raced. (Haha, slacker!)  Their names are Madison and Moonshine, Madison is 4 years old and we've had her since she was a puppy, and Moonshine is 2 and finally getting to act like a puppy. 

Moonshine joined the family only a couple of days ago when I told my mom that we couldn't get rid of him (we were fostering) and that I would pay for him myself as a sort of "senior gift" from ME to ME.  (Moonshine is my avatar, and Madison... is spoiled, and hasn't had her turn as my avatar yet.)

But yeah, thought I'd take a couple minutes out of the day to do this real fast.  Enjoy?

~Kelsey, Madison, & Moonshine

Madison sleeping (taken at same time I took Moonshine's pic!)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Not New, but I never did this!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 04:47:22 pm »
Awwe, love the pic.  At our dog park we have several retired greyhound racers.  One lady repeatedly works with Greyhound Rescue here in CA, so we see the occasional foster at the park.  One foster turned into a permanent fixture there as a family already with one greyhound decided to adopt him.  They now have two brindles. 

When Gunther was just a little guy, he used to follow the one around, I think b/c he looked like him.......lol

Offline GreytGirl

• Gnawer
  • Sleepy Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 03:56:24 pm »
How cute!

For a long time Madison didn't know she was a greyhound, so she was afraid of other greyhounds... she probably thought she was a cocker spaniel because we had one up until last year (when my poor Cinda died at 14.  :-[)  Funny that they gravitate to dogs that they look like and look like dogs they know. It's cute really... lol.

Madison is so spoiled (as you can see by the pic), she's sleeping on the bed, on my pillow, with MY blanket... stinker.
And precious little Moonshine is innocently sleeping on the floor like a good boy.

Ahh the hierarchy of doggies.

Offline bigpawsadmin

• Michael~
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Dog Chomper
  • This is Bear
    • View Profile
    • Website - www.michaelandjaime.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 09:14:02 pm »
Oh my! That is the silliest dog! He looks well cared for !
Just trying to keep the bugs off the board!

Offline RottiesNY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Andy's dog site
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 05:47:53 pm »
Awesome !  Thanks for saving a couple more. There are some people here in my neighborhood who work with a greyhound rescue, I see them all the time. Nice looking dogs there  :)
So many rescues, so little time !