Author Topic: Hello from Canada!  (Read 4955 times)

Offline BigHugs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hello from Canada!
« on: August 29, 2005, 09:34:00 am »
 :) I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Canada on a happy little acerage with my Husband and 6 big doogies!Life is simple Life is good and my day revolves around the fur kids, my husband goes off to work. Enuff about me here is some info on my fur kids.. Yes if this was in person I would grab into my purse and grab out pictures!

Our oldest male is named Chevy he is a Black Lab/Border collie cross he is 8 yrs old. I adpoted Chevy when he was 6 months, he was badly abused, very very badly abused. Now he is the biggest lap dog sucky baby ever!

Tucker is our Black and Tan Coonhound. He turned 2 years old this summer. He is such a character! He was very hard to train, took a very long time to catch onto anything and it really tested my doggie knowledge, now however he is doing very well. He actually has his own pet as well. His pet is named Pooders the cat and he is 4 yrs old, he is an inside outside cat. They eat, sleep, play, clean eachother all the time. They are best buds.

Beau is our 2 year old Yellow Lab. He is a very sweet quiet boy, very submissive. He actually thinks he is winny the pooh. So this winter I"m under strict instructions to sew him a red sweater.  We called him Pooh bear when he was little, and did the whoo hoo hooooooo hooooooo that Winny the Pooh does, now when we do that he gets very exited and puts a little hop to his step. Its very cute, maybe hard to explain on here though ?

Mack as in the semi. Is our 3 yr old Saint. Bernard. He is very sweet and goofy like a goomer. He was a dream puppy, caught onto everything very fast was so quick. The surrounding kids love him so much! You know sometimes come along a great dog, we love all of our dogs, but sometimes your lucky enuff to own a greeeeaaaat dog, one that stands out and draws people to him even if the room was filled with 400 other dogs. Mack is one of those dogs. People come to viste him, not nessisarily us..ha ha. We rescued Mack from a farmer who had puppies and neglected to take care of them when they coudn't find new homes. One look at Mack and we had to take him home, he was so badly eaten with Ticks. When we got him home we pulled off 467 ticks. That was when he was only 6 months.

Star is our Great Pyrenees. She is 2 yrs 9 months.  She is very sweet, she is the most mature out of all of our dogs but Chevy. She has a laid back personality. She loves being around people. She truly is a lGD she does her boundry walks every day but doesnt' stray. I made the boundry with her.  We rescued Star from a home that did'nt have any livestock anymore. THey were going out of business, and she was in a 8 foot by 11 foot pen, no dry spot to lay. She did have food and water and the ranchers daughter did play with her sometimes. It still wasn't fair to Star thought. One look in her brown eyes and we had to take her home. We don't regret that at all.

Boomer is our 9 week sold Saint bernard/great pyrenees puppy. He is a puppy! ha ha not much to tell you about him yet, he likes to sleep in the strangest places around the house and he loves his kong toy. He already weighs 15 lbs. He is a very sweet little boy.

So that is our gang. I'm home all day and I'm outside all day. Our dogs are honestly our life. We have no children but they definatly classify as our children. People think we are crazy and that we put to much time into our dogs, and we spoil them to much but I don't think there is such a thing! Alot of people don't understand why we have so many. We understand but we also understand that this is our limit number of dogs also.

I'm really looking forward to chatting with all of you big dog owners. I think this website is wonderful!
Love me, Love my dog.

lins_saving_grace

Re: Hello from Canada!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 09:40:39 am »
Hello up there! :)  Glad to meet you!  Sounds like you have a big happy family.  :)  you must post pics.
Our girls are our kids too.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 09:44:30 am »
Hello BigHugs, I'm a fellow Canadian, I live in Newfoundland. My wife and I have 3 children and Angus, our 3 month old newf pup. Sounds like you have the ideal place for big dogs and they must love it!!

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 09:45:57 am »
467 ticks!?!?!?   :o  Poor puppy! 

You guys sound like one big happy family!  Welcome to BPO!
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 09:48:14 am »
Sounds like you have a wonderfully full and happy house.  I second Lins...We want pictures.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 09:51:30 am »
Welcome!  ;D

Where in Canada do you live? I am live Edmonton, but I am from Nova Scotia.

And yes we need pics!!  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline BigHugs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 10:17:26 am »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh h you guys I have so many pictures  :) :) :) !!!!!!!! I just can't seem to understand how to make these paw pages work!

Thank you so much for the welcomes!
Love me, Love my dog.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 10:19:33 am »
could be that the pics file size is too big, you might need to resize them  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 10:20:28 am »
click on the picture once you save it.   in microsoft photoeditor you can go to image...see resize and in the box that pops up type in 75 or 50%.  that should make it small enough to post.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 10:23:31 am »
Welcome to BPO!  It sounds like you have a very busy, happy family!  :)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 11:34:32 am »
Sounds like you have a full house. Can't wait to see pics. I have a great pyrenees named Kiah. She's 5 1/2 months old. She loves everybody! Glad you're here!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 12:39:22 pm »
Hi, nice to meet you.  Sounds like you have a full house.

I agree, can't wait to see more pics.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 01:17:27 pm »
WElcome to big paws!  I love it here too!  We have a apir of Kuvasz named Beauty and Aidan, an 8 week old Kuvasz girl coming home next week, and I am debating on a male from Germany Next Spring.  We will wait and see after our next litter.  I will probably pick at mate for her out of that litter.  We shall see.  You can visit our wonderful family at www.kildeskenn el.com, the are lots of pictures to see!  Do you have any pictures of your four legged kids??  My son has a 3 year old Cocker named Max, my daughter has 2 cats and named sugar and trouble, and recently a baby kitten was found on our property who is my daughter's, he is named tiger.  Max and Aidan however have adopted him as their baby.  He thinks he is a dog, pushes Max's ball with his nose, and takes shower's with anyone he can convince to let him in.  Crazy cat!  WELCOME!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson