Author Topic: Onyx is home!  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Onyx is home!
« on: August 29, 2005, 09:38:36 am »
Well, it was a very fun weekend. The weather was great, traffic was minimal, and plans went off without a hitch.

Josh and I met Lisa in Redding, CA. We actually arrived an hour ahead of schedule, and we figured as Lisa was not scheduled to arrive for another 2-3 hours, we would take time to relax, and get our bearings. (We don't get to California often at all.) Imagine our suprise as we were standing in line at the counter, to hear the lady in front of us ask if the Cupps' had checked in yet! I spoke up and said that we infact were they, and Lisa gave me a hug in greeting.

We finished our check-in, and went out to the trucks to meet her dad (along for the trip) and the boys. (She brought Onyx's brother Winston, and her queen Pomeranian, Paris, along for the ride) She opened the back of her SUV and my heart melted.

Sitting there like *little* (HAH!) Princes were Onyx and Winston. They were very gregarious and social. They climbed right out and set about demanding all of our attention...as is their right! Absolute heaven with big slobbery kisses thrown in for good measure!

Onyx took right to my husband and I....even faster than I had expected really. He simply loves to roll around on the floor with Josh, and he truly belives that he's my lap dog, and if he tries hard enough...he will be able to squeeze all of his enormous butt into my lap! *lol*

The ride home was a pleasure, he loved getting out at the rest stops and being the center of attention. He rode the entire 600 miles with his head perched on the arm rest so that we could pet him the whole way home.

The introduction between Onyx and the boy-os went really well. Zeus is obsessed about playing ball, so he could give a fig about anything else around him, and Apollo seems to be getting along great, other than some minor issues about sharing Mommy. Josh and I are both working with him to nip that in the bud, and we'll be taking all three of them into training (obeidience, then through 4-H with the kids) very soon. I know things will eventually be good all around, as I was getting ready for work this morning, Onyx and Apollo were sharing a chew toy back and forth with no intervention from Mom!

Sorry for the gushy ramble, I can hardly believe how excitied I am!

The first pic was taken at the Hotel, from left to right: Paris, the Queen; Winston, Onyx's brother; Lisa Reimer, Onyx's Mommy; myself; and Onyx

The second pic is of Onyx and Apollo the afternoon we got home. We had everyone out playing frisbee. (Our favorite sport)
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Onyx is home!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 09:44:05 am »
A few more!

Pic #1: More of the Frisbee game. My Sister and BIL brought over their daughter and their two Mojo's, so it was doggie heaven out there. This one is my Niece, mojo Justin, Onyx and Apollo getting ready for the next throw.

Pic #2: I call this David and Goliath. Mojo Justin and Apollo really enjoy each other, and they were having a bonding moment that I couldn't resist!

That's all I had the energy for cleaning up last night. I must have taken over 100 pictures of them all playing last night!

Thanks for looking!
Leah and the Boy-os
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)

located - Gig Harbor, WA

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 09:45:49 am »
Awwww!  How sweet!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 11:10:14 am »
What an exciting weekend!  Onyx is beautiful and it looks like everyone had such a fun time!  Great photos!  :)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 11:23:04 am »
That's great that they are getting along so well. Thanks for the pics.

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 12:06:27 pm »
How fun! I'm so happy Onyx went to a good home! I mean, he could have had a better home here with Bear but it's ok -  ;D ;D ;D

Congrats!

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 12:47:26 pm »
Thank you everyone!

Don't worry bear...Winston's still there, and I'm certain that with Onyx gone, he's looking for a new playmate to tumble with!

Besides, I'm going to keep working the hubby over so that the next BPO get together, we can *hopefully* come down for!
Leah and the Boy-os
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 01:30:59 pm »
Yeah! I am so glad that everything worked out and that the transition has been smooth so far. It seems as though Onyx was meant to be yours.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 02:18:58 pm »
WOO HOO congrats to you!  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada