Author Topic: Me and Spike are making the move!!!!  (Read 4979 times)

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Me and Spike are making the move!!!!
« on: August 29, 2005, 01:30:48 pm »
I put in my 2 week notice today and in 2 weeks we are going to live with Pierre. I cannot wait. I told Spike and he already has his bags packed and sitting by the door. He loves his Daddy!!!LOL Including his daddys big back yard! The only thing is he is going to be an only dog for awhile till we are both ready for another dog. I cannot wait to move our stuff and not have to worry about going back home on Sundays.You see we live a little over an hour apart. I have not found a job yet but I think I would like to start taking grooming classes. or there is this little pet shop that me and Spike like to go to by his house and I think I would love to work there.
Well we will see what happens.
Just wanted to share the good news!!!!!
Rachael and Spike

Kiahpyr

Re: Me and Spike are making the move!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 01:33:12 pm »
That's great!! I'm so happy for you!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 01:33:55 pm »
WHOOO HOOO! 

Where does Spike's Daddy live? 
Grooming out of your house would be cool too... NO travel.  :)  Good luck!
Tell Spike to pack for you too!

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 01:41:15 pm »
Pierre lives on the eastern shore in Maryland out in the country sort of lots of space his back yard is huge and as soon as Spike can learn to not get in the inground pool he can go out by himself for now I have to keep him on the leash just to keep him out of it and it is not even open this year the pump broke so the special pooltarp is covering it that supposed to be able to hold like a car or something and Spike seems to think it is a game to walk in the middle and sink a couple feet and watch me panic and there is a actually a dane kennel not far from his house when I take Spike for walks I always walk past the house the dogs are beautifull and I have been hoping that one day the people would be outside so I could meet them but so far no luck but it is nice to see what Spike will look like. Part of their fence is 6' and they hang over it is at least 3 or 4 of them and they are massive.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 01:42:37 pm »
Beautiful area over there too!  Beaches and cool breezes! 

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 01:52:35 pm »
Its mostly farms around his house but we the bay is 15-20min walk away and woods are about the same and we are about 1 1/2 hour drive away from ocean city. There is a trail that will take you past farm lands thru woods all the way down to a small beach near the bridge we have never walked it cause it would probably be a all day thing but we will in the fall.
Rachael and Spike

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 01:53:19 pm »
sounds dreamy!

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 02:26:48 pm »
Are you going to be over the bay bridge?  Hopefully you wont have to make any kind of commute across that each day...  what a pain in the butt...  My in-laws live in Annapolis and my husband has cousins that live in Ocean Pines, but that is closer to OC then it sounds like you'll be.   Oh and I live in Westminster BTW   :)

It sounds like your moving to a great area.  The trail sounds awesome!   Did you know there is also a doggie beach/off leash park in annapolis?  We haven't been yet but are thinking about it.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 07:31:31 am »
Yeah we are right over the bridge well after the bay bridge and then the kent island bridge anyway. The name of the town he lives in is Grasonville. I am going to try to find a job so I don't have to go thru bridge traffic everyday it is not so bad in every other season but summer but still don't want to deal with it. And no I did not no there was a dog beach in annapolis. Do you know if sandy beach on the other side of the bridge can have dogs too? I always wondered. I also heard there is a bunch of people that get together in Annapolis on Friday nights with there dogs not sure of the specifics though we have never gone.
Rachael and Spike

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 08:17:45 am »
Thats cool.  I don't know if Sandy beach allows dogs but I bet it says on the AA county parks page.   I am actually going to look that up right now because I'm thinking about going there on Sunday and it would be awesome if sophie could come too.  I'll let you know what I find out.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 08:33:04 am »
Cool thanks. I have been looking for diffrent places to take Spike.
Rachael and Spike

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 08:41:38 am »
Well it looks like sandy point does not allow pets
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/southern/sandypoint.html

but Assateague Island allows pets on the Maryland side.
http://www.nps.gov/asis/pphtml/planyourvisit.html

I've been trying to find the article about the Annapolis dog beach...It was printed in the Washington Post  but I'm not having any luck.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 08:47:14 am »
Good luck!...It sounds like an exciting change for you & Spike!

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 11:43:48 am »
I looked it up on the web and found this:
http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/Parks/dog_parks.cfm
Is this the one you were talking about? The first one says dog park and dog beach? I might try and see if Pierre wants to bring Spike to one of these places this weekend.
Rachael and Spike