Author Topic: Two Senior Saints really need some help ASAP, by tomorrow!  (Read 5264 times)

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Two Senior Saints really need some help ASAP, by tomorrow!
« on: August 29, 2005, 08:33:20 pm »
This is a cross post. I hope someone ,somewhere can help!

PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST

Cherri Davis <Cherri.Davis@jbt-stl.com> wrote:
To: <Barkemail@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:34:48 -0500
Subject: [Barkemail] Two St. Bernard Dogs need home

We have sold our house in Waterloo, IL and need a place to put our 2 St. Bernard dogs. One female and one male approximately 7 years old. Great dogs however we can not have pets at our new home. We only have until tommorow night Aug. 30, 2005 or they will have to be put down. Please help this is my last resort. Please call me at work at 314-621-0100 until 05:00 PM or contact via email @ cherri_davis57@hotmail.com.
Thanks in advance
Cherri Davis
Waterloo, Il

nickerbokker

Re: Two Senior Saints really need some help ASAP, by tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 08:57:50 pm »
i think we should all call mrs davis, as well as email her, and tell her she is satan....

Offline vizslamaniac

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 09:12:01 pm »
That post is just sooo disturbing. Why would you ever opt to kill your dogs.  So many other options like finding a rescue organization or kenneling them temporarily. Doesnt this woman have a single friend who would foster them for a bit. sheesh. 

smohr

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 09:40:45 pm »
I gave the owner of the St. Bernards the # and e-mail address of the Illinois St. Bernard Rescue.  Let's hope she does so and doesn't put to sleep those beautiful, trusting animals.  How could she do that?  If I live close to her, I'd pick them up myself!  I don't understand people like that.  She had to have known she would have to move and have to find a placement for her dogs....sheesh .

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 07:09:41 am »
That's pretty crummy.  A true dog owner doesn't get rid of their animal because they are moving to a place that doesn't allow animals.  Instead they don't move somewhere becasue it doesn't allow their dogs.  How can  you give up a part of your family, a piece of your heart after 7 years together.

One thing, if anything would ever force me to give up my dogs.  That thing would be if I became physically unable to care for them.  But I have people lined up to take my dogs if anything ever happened to me, there would be a custody war over them.

Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 07:24:53 am »
Why do people think thier pets are disposable pieces of property. That makes me really angry. I hope they are able to find a home.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 08:36:56 am »
I would be willing to take them and give them a few good years but I wouldn't be able to do it until a couple months from now, only if they are nuetered, only if they get along with other dogs, and only if they currently don't have any major health problems.  A lot of only ifs...but if nothing else I am willing to help.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 10:18:49 am »
A house without dogs????  Why bother!  I agree with you, 'dogs'!  Camping with dogs is better than a palace without dogs!!!

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 10:25:47 am »
Hey ya'll...any word on these guys?

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 10:57:41 am »
I just read this thread and am dying to know if there's any news. It sickens me that this woman would opt to put down her dogs vs finding a new home or utilizing a rescue org. This woman is crazy, not to mention heartless. I agree with what someone else said, I would find housing that would accomadate my gang---not one that would not allow dogs >:(   

Even though I don't agree with her actions, is there any way we can find a safe haven for these two?
Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 11:34:26 am »
I wrote to her, offering to take them. I sure couldn't keep them but I didn't want them to be put to sleep,either.

Fortunatly she wrote back and said she found a family that would take them both. So they are safe.

Icerotti

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 11:37:13 am »
I wrote to her, offering to take them. I sure couldn't keep them but I didn't want them to be put to sleep,either.

Fortunatly she wrote back and said she found a family that would take them both. So they are safe.

That is great news :D