Author Topic: dont know if i belong here  (Read 2843 times)

choyison

dont know if i belong here
« on: August 29, 2005, 11:33:55 pm »
Hi, i'm new. i'm tomi and the big paw that i think i have is Katie. I just got her the other day. someone found her and couldn't find the owners. she looks like a german shepherd mixed with hound or lab. not sure and i dont know how old she is. she looks young like 5 mos. not sure. this is my first big paw dog. i have a little one. Mayve one of you could shed some light on what she is. i am going to take her to the vet, but i have to wait till pay day. all she had was a collar so i dont know if she had any shots or even rabies vaccination. she barked once and sounded like a hound. not like a real bark. It was deep and kind of like a howl. i hope the picture uploads of her.
Tomi

Offline tigerpaw03

• Ankle Biter
  • Gin(White GsD) & Rum(RottWeiLeR)
    • View Profile
Re: dont know if i belong here
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 11:35:20 pm »
hi hi:

i guess all dog lovers are welcomed here!:)

Have fuN:)

Gin&RuM

choyison

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 11:40:25 pm »
thank you.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 11:58:29 pm »
I would just call her a lab mix.  What did the people who gave her to you do to find her owner?  Since she had a collar, you might want to check with the Humane Society to see if anyone has reported her missing.  Or you could run an ad in the paper, found dog ads are usually free.  It is the right thing to do for Katie and everyone could feel better about it.  Then if all efforts fail, you can spend your money on a vet and give her a good home.  GOOD LUCK

Peggy
Peggy

choyison

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 12:12:13 am »
They posted signs up in the area and then without any luck they went back and put free to good home under the same ads. They found her in their trailer park so they assumed that someone abandoned her when they left. They said, that alot of people abandon their cats and dogs when they leave.  These people have rescued soo many dogs and cats from the area. You are right though. I should go to the humane society or call them atleast. She is just soo sweet. i cant imagine anyone doing that to her. She does cowar when i try to be stern with her and she has a little wound on her head and little scars.
Thanks for the advice