Author Topic: Our second swim with your dogs event!...Pics!  (Read 8217 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Our second swim with your dogs event!...Pics!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 11:05:36 am »
wet doggies are happy doggies! 

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2005, 12:44:28 pm »
Looks like a great time was had by all.
Shame the doggies weren't allowed down that big water slide in the last pic!!
Could've been fun!
I know!...lol...I couldn't even send Pippin down the kiddy slide this time...He has a sore front leg undoubtably cause by my sister's evil black Collie when he was here over the weekend!...Chopper's the devil! :D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2005, 12:48:38 pm »
Has pippin gotten you back for the pink dress yet?
Samson was all over all of the dogs..Male or Female...I think he's bi & possibly not a good role model for Pippin who is all man!...lol!

Are we referring to THIS Pippin?  LOL...   ;D
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 11:43:55 am »
Where (what city) was your Doggy Dip held at?
just wonderin' ... I recall reading about something like that in my KC Star newspaper.
BTW - neat pix!   :)
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 01:24:02 pm »
Where (what city) was your Doggy Dip held at?
just wonderin' ... I recall reading about something like that in my KC Star newspaper.
BTW - neat pix!   :)
It was held in Dubuque IA.

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 08:01:23 pm »
Oh what fun for the doggies & you!!! :D 

I miss Miko sooo much - he loved to swim laps with me in the pool  ;D - I'd throw his floating duck toy and race him to the far end to pick it up, and if he wasn't swimming, he'd run along the edge & drop toys in the water until I'd swim over & throw them for him to retrieve.  :D Dona hated the water (and she was a golden!  :-[  ) I taught her how to swim over about 2 years (she was a sloooow learner, & kept panicking :P  ), but after a lot of love & persistence, she would grudgingly swim & as soon as I let her out of the pool, oh what a happy dog to be all wet & cool in the Texas heat!!! ;D

Did you have to coax Samson or Pippin into the water?  How'd you do it?

Casper thinks my pool is EVIL!!!!  >:(  I put (yes picked all 91 lb up and put) him in the water on the first step (6 inches) and he was soooo mad at me he wouldn't take a treat for an hour!!!!  The second time, I put him on the first step and then had to put his forepaws on the second step (12 inches deep) and then pulled like crazy to get those back legs to walk down with the front ones!!   :o  Then to make his day worse, I made him swim 3 circles in the shallow (4ft water) - he panicked & tried to step out of the water, and so I put my hand under his butt, and he finally got it after the 3rd circle - so I let him swim for the steps & get out ---- you talk about a wet, mad dog!!!!! And I was covered with scratches on my arms, legs & torso from those flailing back legs that couldn't get the hang of a dog paddle!!! 

The only reason I am going to persist with Casper (and Dona before him) is the fear that one day he would slip & fall in and not know where the steps are at to get out of the pool - When I was teaching Dona to swim - she would panic & swim for the side & hang for dear life...if I hadn't been there to teach her where the steps & seat benches were, she'd never have known how to get out of the pool...my worst fear was that she'd go for the side instead of the steps, and her legs would fail & she'd drown!!! :(

Bella has shown no interest in the water...Lucy keeps going to the edge & looking - as if to see how deep it is. :)  She's been trying to climb into the large bucket of fresh water I keep for them outside....so today I picked her up & put her on the first step - she didn't run away or get mad!!!  :D  I didn't want her to go any farther into the pool because her incision is still healing, but can hardly wait for another week to go bye & try again when the skin is fully healed!!!! :D  She like to retrieve balls & I'm hoping she'll want to race for the duck, too!!!! :D

Blair

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 08:21:08 pm »
Awe Zeus is soooo jealous. There is no where for him to swim and he loves water. Those are great pictures, I am sure everyone had fun  ;D