Author Topic: was i rude  (Read 9565 times)

ann

was i rude
« on: August 30, 2005, 09:00:50 am »

i was leaving the dog swim last night ,i was on my way to my blazer with the boxers and i seen a lady ,her dog and 2 teenage girls walking and the dog pooped and they laughed at the dog then when he was done kept walking so i yelled over nicely if they needed a bag for the poop the lady was kinda snotty and said sure and one of the girls went back and picked it up ..she was gagging and saying gross ,i bet she has never picked up poop before..people like that ruin things like the swim and where are dogs are aloud to go because they don't clean up after thier dogs.......... ........

ann

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: was i rude
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 09:06:22 am »
You know darn well that I don't think it was rude at all!!!...& you're right!...People like that will eventually ruin the doggy dip for the rest of us!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 09:09:12 am »
I don't think that was rude at all.  You had every right...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 09:13:53 am »
It wasn't rude to insist that they be responsible pet owners. It was rude to consider leaving a steaming pile for someone to stepin.
Stella

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 09:15:50 am »
I think you handled in the most courteous way you could....just to offer a bag.  It was subtle but firm!  Good job!  You are so right....idiot s like that group ruin things for the rest of us!

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 09:16:41 am »
Not rude at all.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 09:59:53 am »
I agree!  It was rude of them to think of leaving it there!  You weren't rude at all!  :)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 10:39:34 am »
You done good!
Tulsa
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 10:41:30 am »
Dude! Ann! No way! You could have said something WAAAAAAAAAAAAA AY ruder. Seriously. You were actually awful courteous.

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 10:59:32 am »
You were very diplomatic  :)
Good job! Why ruin it for the rest of who are responsible owners?
Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 10:59:55 am »
NO way were you rude. It is a policy at our dog park to let other owners know when their dog goes and they don't see it or chose not to see it. Rude would be leaving it there for someone to step in, etc. Good job for having the courage to say what you did!! ;D
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 11:31:15 am »
When I first started taking Spike for walks he never went potty till we got home so I stopped bringing bags and the 2 time I went without guess what he did?!?! luckily it was not far from home so I walked right back to the house adn got a bag and brought it with us for the rest of the walk. Since then I don't take the chance that he might or might not when we walk I just keep one in my pocket just in case.
Rachael and Spike

Icerotti

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 11:36:16 am »
Not rude at all.  Very well done :)

A man and his lab at our dog park walked in, lab off leash, the man got into the leashed area but his dog wouldnt come, his dog was pooping just up the hill a bit in plain eyesight of the man.  Then the dog went into the park, and the man still didnt pick up the poop.  Anyways the lab kept trying to poop more and Atticus kept getting his head right in there, I said "Atticus your going to get pooped on"  The man then says "Shes constipated don't worry"  so i look up the hill and say " Well she wasnt up there" pointing my finger at his dogs load.  He laughed and went to pick it up. 

Some people just don't care and want to ruin it for others.  I have stepped in my fair share of steamy loads, so I pick up all the time.

My question is, what if your dog has diareaha(sp) and you can't pick it up, yet its in the middle of a sidewalk.  I forgot my mop on that walk, but what was I to do?  Anyone know the protocol for the runs??

Where is the dog park??? I have not heard of one here. 
Never encountered the runs on a walk . I guess I would try and scoop what I could in the bag then find something to set overtop-newsaper page etc.

ann

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 12:04:55 pm »

good i'm glad ya all thought i handled it ok...on the  way home i was  kinda laughing to myself i bet that lady thought i was like the poop nazi or something..... .............. ..

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 12:11:56 pm »
You have just given yourself a new nickname

"Poop Nazi"

You were not rude at all, when I mow my front yard, i always find poop up by the street.   I know it's not my dogs' poop 1) it's not big enough  2) my dogs are never in the front yard 3) I would freak if they were that close to the street.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs