Author Topic: MATT GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6679 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
MATT GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 30, 2005, 11:56:43 am »
My Honey Matt has been doing side jobs, well forever.  Well with me being out of work, he needed something steady.  So he went to his first interview and he nailed it!  Which is good because I was in the car for over an hour and I had to pee really bad.  It's as a mechanic for a GM dealer, and it's only $9 to start, but in 3 months when his training is done it'll be $28!  Plus he gets full medical and dental.  He's so happy, and I'm so happy!  Kind of bummed that he gets the first interview that he went to........... but I'm not gonna dwell on that! ;D
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

lins_saving_grace

Re: MATT GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 11:59:43 am »
WAY COOL!   Lucky boy!  and man he'll be making a ton of money in a few months.  Gotta love it! 

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 12:01:02 pm »
NO, do not dwell on that!   :D

That is great!  Not only will he be making a good salary, but those benefits are SOOOO important.  I am so happy that you are happy!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 12:17:17 pm »
I'm sure that if you interviewed at Taco Bell you would get the job, plus you would get tons of free Mojo dolls.    ;D

Don't fret, everything happens for a reason, your perfect job will come along in time.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 12:19:05 pm »
Congratulation s to your Matt.
RE: your job search ... Hang in there - the right job will come along for you. Be persistent and optimistic!   :)
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 12:21:55 pm »
My hubby is looking a new job too. He has a job that pays decent, but the benefits suck. We want to have another baby soon. Right now I'm on private insurance which is so expensive. He has an interview with a company next tuesday. Hopefully he'll get lucky and nail it too.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 01:06:47 pm by Kiahpyr »

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 12:56:48 pm »
Think Positive.
Think Positive.
Think Positive.
Negativity Sucks, and pulls you into a Black Hole!
Illigitium non carborundum.
Translation: Don't let the bastards get you down!
Or, If you don't aim at the Stars, you won't even get past the Moon.
There is such a thing as gravity, it keeps our feet on the ground, and allows us to dream of the stars.
 Don't lose the dream, just stay grounded.
J
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Blair

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 01:00:41 pm »
Ang thats great news!!! And dont oyu worry the right will come for you  ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 01:06:12 pm »
My hubby is looking a new job too. He has a job that pays decent, but the benefits suck. We want to have another baby soon. Right now I'm on private insurance which is so expensive. He has an interview with a company next tuesday. Hopefully he'll get lucky and nail too.

A baby?  A BPO baby?  a person baby? 

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 01:08:29 pm »
Yep as soon as my husband gets a better job. I hope it's soon. My daughter is two and I want to have the second one by the time she's three. Then a year later hopefully another furbaby.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 01:15:22 pm »
Yep as soon as my husband gets a better job. I hope it's soon. My daughter is two and I want to have the second one by the time she's three. Then a year later hopefully another furbaby.
awwwww.  a BPO people baby!  Congrats early!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 01:23:41 pm »
You know...my biological clock never did start ticking.  :)   Then I ripped the ticker out so I'll never even hear it.  :P  I love my furbabies better I think.
My sister in law is due in October...so I'll be an aunt and babysitter.  I can send the kid home. 

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 01:43:01 pm »
You know...my biological clock never did start ticking.  :)   Then I ripped the ticker out so I'll never even hear it.  :P  I love my furbabies better I think.
My sister in law is due in October...so I'll be an aunt and babysitter.  I can send the kid home. 

My sister-in-law has a eight year old (who I consider more of my best friend than a kid), and is due in two weeks with another boy.  They are as close as I'm getting to kids for now.  I've never had those "maternal instincts", at least not for human children.  Dogs and cats are something else entirely.  My mom says that will change as I get older, but who knows.

My maternal clock never kicked in either.  Everyone used to say it would when I hit 30, but I am long past with still no ticking, so I think it is broken! 

I have the most amazing respect for folks raising children...  Hardest job in the world, or so it seems to me!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 01:44:31 pm »
I hear ya!  :) 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 01:46:26 pm »
our mothers were definately made different than we were.