Author Topic: i almost lost blinkin or linkin tonight....................  (Read 2572 times)

nickerbokker

i almost lost blinkin or linkin tonight....................
« on: September 01, 2005, 09:50:04 pm »
well.  its been one heck of a day.  jaime dressed up the dogs while we waited for the dog trainer to come for her eval.....then she showed up an hour late....but spent like 2 with us, and basically told me that angus is sweet at heart, just a mess inside, and that after i chop off his nutties this week, he can start class on the 24th (yes, its true lol), and he will get under control....YEA H!  then, i slept most of the afternoon, then jaime woke me up, then i was on the phone with mom and grandma telling them everything that happened, which took me like 2 hours lol......

THEN....IM LAYING ON MY COUCH, I JUST FINISHED TAKING PICTURES OF ANGUS SLEEEPING ON MY PILLOW, AND IM LAYING THERE WATCHING TV.  I HEAR THIS CRAZY SOUND....FAMIL IAR, BUT I JUST COULDNT PLACE IT.  THEN IT HIT ME....ITS A FISH FLOP.  MY EYES JET TO THE FISH BOWL, AND SURE AS ANYTHING, THERE IS ONE FISH IN MY BOWL. I RUN OVER THERE UNABLE TO BREATHE THINKING I JUST CAN'T SEE THE OTHER ONE, AND NOPE.....ONLY ONE.  I LOOK AROUND THE BOWL, DONT SEE ANYTHING, THEN MY HEAD STARTS RACING....WHAT IF HE FELL BEHIND MY ENTERTAINMENT CENTER....I GOTTA FIND HIM...JUST AS I GET UP THE STRENGHT TO MOVE THE TWO MILLION POUND PIECE OF FURNITURE, MY EYE CATCHES SOME ORANGE IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CANDLES.....IT'S A FISH!  HE IS LAYING THERE NOT MOVING....SO I START CALLING HIS NAME HOPING TO SEE HIM FLOP OR SOMETHING...NO THING.  I YELL LOUDER, NO RESPONSE....I START TO PANIC, AND PICKED UP MY CAMERA TO TAKE A PICTURE SO YOU BELIEVED ME....TAKE THE PICTURE, RUN INTO THE KITCHEN AND GET TWO CUPS, RUN INTO THE LIVING ROOM, WHERE HE LAY DEAD.....GO TO GET HIM SO I CAN THROW HIM IN THE WATER SO HE COMES TO LIFE AGAIN LOL.....HE FLIPS AND FLOPS AND I HAVE A FREAKING HEART ATTACK.....SCO OP HIM INTO THE CUPS, THROW HIM IN THE WATER....AND NOW HE IS IN THERE AND I CAME IN HERE TO TYPE HTIS.  I DONT KNOW IF HE IS ALIVE, IM SCARED TO GO LOOK....AND I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO HE IS...BUT IT WAS ONE OF THE TWO.....OMG, I JUST HAD A HEART ATTACK EVERYONE.  I WAS LIKE....YOU CAN'T DIE FISH!  NOT YET!  WE'VE BEEN THROUGH TOO MUCH TOGETHER!!!!!!

so im going to go look and see if he came around or not...im hoping so......hang on......

okay....i've got two swimming fish!  omg!

heres a question...i know have a plate over the top.....is that okay...or will that cut off the air supply and they'll both die?  tell me!  please!  lol...i've been through enough today!

thanks...here a pic to prove it

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: i almost lost blinkin or linkin tonight....................
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 10:08:40 pm »
Great picture...poor Linkin or Blinkin.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 10:14:08 pm »
hahaha - I would like to know where you get the information that fish have a 3 second memory? What scientific journal does that come from and what method did they use to determine it?  All sorts of things can come to mind.  :-\ :-\ :-\

Peggy
Peggy

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 12:01:41 am »
HaHa, I never heard that one before.  But what do I know, my mother made me stay out of the pool for an hour after I ate, and I did it.  I will look it up on urban myths.  ;D
Peggy

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 12:15:02 am »
OMG NICKERS!  You ALWAYS make me laugh MAO!  Screen the top, or easier don't fill thier bowl to the top.  Better yet go to walmart and get a square aquarium for the cheapest price with a lid!  You are to funny!  I canot believe the fishis stillalive! 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 06:17:38 am »
The poor fishy!...Good save Nicks!...Since I got my digi cam everything is a photo oppertunity also! :D

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 06:22:38 am »
Nickers, I am very impressed that you have kept those guys alive as long as you have.  I was always under the impression that fish really didn't have a long life span in a bowl.  You are proved me wrong.  Way to go on keeping those guys alive!!!   ;D ;D ;D
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 08:11:32 am »
OMG!!  I'm LMAO!!!  That poor fish he didn't look to energetic in the picture! lol  I'm glad he came back to life.  I think fish are a lot tougher than we think.  I don't know how many times my grandma's fish ended up in the garbage disposal!  You would think she'd learn not to clean his bowl on that side of the sink, but she's a little off anyway.  She'd always call and say well Andy (she named the fish after me, thanks grandma!) fell into the garbage disposal again today and I had to reach in and fish him out!  That fish lived for 5 yrs after having numerous death defying adventures.

As for Angus, since I'm still new here I don't know a lot of his stories, but to look at him I'd think he was the sweetest dog EVER!!  Just something about him and he's so adorable.  Apparently looks can be decieving. lol  Good luck with the training, he'll be a perfect pup in no time!!  ;D

Andi