Author Topic: Your Gas Prices  (Read 30225 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Your Gas Prices
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 03:02:41 pm »
Yesterday I got gas for $2.43, today most of it is around $2.59 but I saw some $2.67
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Icerotti

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2005, 03:10:53 pm »
101.9 per litre in Niagara Ontario. I have been going across to the US to fill up I save about $10-$20 each time. In Canada it takes $100 to fill my tank when close to empty :'(

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2005, 03:15:15 pm »
Ok you all are gonna jump all over me but...... I have no idea. I don't pay attention to it. It's kinda like Tide laundry detergent. That's all I use so why worry about what it costs, I'm gonna buy it anyway.

Don't worry, I kinda feel the same way. I try not to stress about things I can't control, so I don't pay much attention to the price per gallon. I do flinch at the total price for a full tank (I think it is about $40 for one of our cars and $50 for the other), but luckily a full tank is lasting longer than ever for us since we both work in town now (thank god for short commutes).

And, by the way, LOL at the laundry detergent joke  :D
RIP former BPO

GR8DAME

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2005, 03:33:31 pm »
I hear ya, tina. DH fills up my tank on payday, and I have been riding my bike as long as the weather is good. It's less than $10.00 to fil it up if I'm on fumes to get to the pump. Of course the crazy Chicago drivers try to kill you...but it's a cheap ride.
Stella

nickerbokker

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 03:53:47 pm »
ive got a petition for gas.....anyone wanna sign it?  PM me and i'll forward it to you!  its friggin pissin me off!

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2005, 04:21:21 pm »
i live in long beach CA and i paid 2.86 for regular this morning. 

I know this probably won't be a very popular veiw but i am glad prices are going up.  The US has always had remarkably low gas prices relative to other comprable places.  I think this is part of the reason why people drive so many gas guzzling SUV's and Trucks here in the US, and why public transportation is so poor.  Mainly, i am a crazy environmentali st and i drive as little as possible and in the most fuel efficient way possible because it is important to me, not to save money. I don't think current US gas prices, even now, value a clean sustainable environment at what it is really worth, and untill gas prices are high enough to convince peopel to use public transportation (which increased gas taxes could pay for), buy fuel efficient cars, and carpool, i won't be complaining.

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2005, 04:24:12 pm »
Hmmm
so what do you tell those of us with giant breed dogs?
that we need to pay three to four bucks a gallon becouse we cant drive the smaller vehicles???
you are right, your opinion is not that popular.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Blair

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2005, 04:31:14 pm »
No I drive a SUV to fit my family [ skin and fur] in so we can all go out together and if I lived by public transportation I would never leave my house. Where i live there  isnt any public transportation . Sometimes those things dont work for certain people. I think the gas price is way too high and just stupid.  ;D No arguement just different way of thinking

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2005, 04:42:54 pm »
i live in long beach CA and i paid 2.86 for regular this morning. 

I know this probably won't be a very popular veiw but i am glad prices are going up.  The US has always had remarkably low gas prices relative to other comprable places.  I think this is part of the reason why people drive so many gas guzzling SUV's and Trucks here in the US, and why public transportation is so poor.  Mainly, i am a crazy environmentali st and i drive as little as possible and in the most fuel efficient way possible because it is important to me, not to save money. I don't think current US gas prices, even now, value a clean sustainable environment at what it is really worth, and untill gas prices are high enough to convince peopel to use public transportation (which increased gas taxes could pay for), buy fuel efficient cars, and carpool, i won't be complaining.
I drive a mini van which I need to fit my family & dogs...BUT my hubby & his good friend drive semi which gets the products we all need & use out onto store shelves...This is about killing the truck drivers!...I really feel bad for the owner/operators!!!...They will have to raise their prices & s**t rolls downhill...Gue ss who pays in the end?...You & I at the stores >:(...I am in a different opinion also.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 04:54:39 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2005, 04:42:55 pm »
like i said, i totaly understand most folks don't agree.  And shoudl have mentioned that this is my ideal, in my utopia where a lot of other things are differnet too..

I know that the US is not ready for this.  We don't have the infrastructure yet as far as public transportation is concerned.  In my fantacy land prices would be higher for gas in areas that offered alternatives (because the alternatives would be paid for by gas taxes).

My thoughts on all the reasons why SUV's Vans and Trucks are needed in the world is purely economic, and having my own giant i understand, but those people who need to consume more gas also need to pay the price, or move to other technologies like hybrid vehicels which now come in the SUV variety.  The higher gas prices the higher the demand for such vehicles will get, leading to more makes models and options. 

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2005, 04:45:07 pm »
like i said, i totaly understand most folks don't agree.  And shoudl have mentioned that this is my ideal, in my utopia where a lot of other things are differnet too..

I know that the US is not ready for this.  We don't have the infrastructure yet as far as public transportation is concerned.  In my fantacy land prices would be higher for gas in areas that offered alternatives (because the alternatives would be paid for by gas taxes).

My thoughts on all the reasons why SUV's Vans and Trucks are needed in the world is purely economic, and having my own giant i understand, but those people who need to consume more gas also need to pay the price, or move to other technologies like hybrid vehicels which now come in the SUV variety.  The higher gas prices the higher the demand for such vehicles will get, leading to more makes models and options. 
Let me know when they come out with a hybrid semi please...I know the truck drivers would be pleased as punch to beable to make a living.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 04:51:41 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2005, 04:57:04 pm »
Let me know when they coem out with a hybrid semi please...I know the truck drivers would be pleased as punch to beable to make a living.

will do!!  i posted that before i saw your comment, so it doesn't really apply to truck drivers.

i know high gas prices are a hard pill to swallow, particularly for truck drivers.  I am willing to pay higher prices for everything if it means a cleaner environment because i am a california tree hugging crazy lady.  i also have an economics degree, and beleive in markets ability to adjust themselves to prices.  Things would have to change in a ton of ways to get to a new equilibrium, but it would certainly happen eventually.

i really don't want people to feel like i am attacking anyone, because that is really not the case.  or that i don'tunderstand why people hate gas prices being so high, because i do, i pay for gas too.  But i like to bring alternative ideas out whereever i go, and i love hearing what people think.....

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2005, 06:06:52 pm »
well i guess it is back to the horse and cart! LOL
actually didnt take your post as an attack, just one that really is not realistic.
esp for those many of us living in rural areas
 where snow and ice abound, and it is safer to drive an suv or heavy vehicle such as my cargo van wich is great in the snow.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2005, 06:55:40 pm »
It was 2.69 the other day for regular unleaded.  Haven't had to get any in a few days - so I am sure I will be shocked when I get more

Offline fcsantos

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2005, 07:02:50 pm »
I live in San Diego and I paid $3.07 today. It was really fun. We need to do what the governer in Hawaii did and put a cap on the gas prices. Do you think this would work?