Author Topic: weimaraner hermaphrodite for adoption  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
weimaraner hermaphrodite for adoption
« on: August 30, 2005, 02:49:58 pm »
My friend Mary rescued this dog from the euthanasia room. She got to it just in time. But what a surprise she was in for... somehow the dog had lived 2 years without anyone "noticing" its "issue"... and apparently the dogs owner was planning on breeding "her"...

She said the dog has both male and female parts... whoa!

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4997665&adTarget=&SessionID=4314c1c857dfc6ca-app1&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Kiahpyr

Re: weimaraner hermaphrodite for adoption
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 02:53:38 pm »
I'm glad that the dog is rescued. Poor doggie. I didn't know that could happen in dogs. I guess anything is possible. The dog is very pretty.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
Re: weimaraner hermaphrodite for adoption
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 05:36:43 pm »
WOW.  I guess if it can happen to humans it can also happen to animals.   I watched a few programs on this in babies/children.  One was from the adult perspective .  An individual whose parents chose the male gender and later in lef the poor "guy" was going through reconstruction to become a female...  Had problems his whole life with being "female" inside, but outwardly masculine.  What a dilema!  Fortunately the dog won't have to deal with that problem.  At least you  ;Dhope not!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson