Author Topic: Another Hurricane - Nooooooooooooooooooo  (Read 33181 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: Another Hurricane - Nooooooooooooooooooo
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2005, 06:31:56 am »
Power and cable keeps blinking out here.. grrr
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2005, 06:33:34 am »
Same here, not sure how much longer we can stay on-line.  Good thing we put up boards, a limb just hit the office window.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2005, 07:16:56 am »
Hi Lisa,

Where are you in Alabama? I hope not in Mobile or Baldwin Co. We were in Florida for Andrew, not pretty. I hope everyone is safe. We had Hurricane Emily here (South Texas) not long ago. Just a category 2, about 45 miles south of here and 45 miles inland, so we had 4 inches of rain and 70mph winds. We had no damage and horses were fine. Neighbors had some windows knocked and trees uprooted here and there.

We've been praying this will not be worst case scenario with a direct hit on New Orleans. I do not think anything would be worse than lives, pets, property loss. Add to that a 25% decrease in oil production and loss of refineries for an indefinate period, we will be in for major problems in this country.

God Bless everyone on the board in this storms path. I hope everyone keeps praying until this is over...

Deena

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2005, 08:58:35 am »
We're still praying for you guys!  Please stay safe!  We need your fun, laughs, gags and wisdom here! 

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2005, 08:16:28 pm »
I talked to my Aunt yesterday afternoon and she had just got back to her house. She lives 38 miles east of Biloxi MS. Her house lost some shingles a her back yard is waist deep in tree limbs and other stuff. But she is safe for now. Tried to get her to come stay with me but now that she got back in to her house she can't get back out. Roads are closed
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2005, 09:31:02 pm »
We are glad your Aunt is ok and still has her home. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2005, 08:02:39 am »
Hi, Just wanted to ask everyone to pass the word around that there is a need for individuals with available stalls and/or pasture to assist in housing horses. USEF (United States Equestrian Federation), www.usef.org , has a list of available facilities, but is also looking for individuals with available facilities to help. If you know of someone who needs help, please refer them to this site. If you can be of assistance with pasture, please send an email to Kcadam@usef.org .

Is anyone aware of any operation besides Noah's wish that is doing something similar for the BPO, and other fur babies? What about the AKC and CFA? If so could you please post?

Thanks,
Deena