Author Topic: THE FOUR TYPES OF DOG VOMIT  (Read 11545 times)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
THE FOUR TYPES OF DOG VOMIT
« on: August 31, 2005, 11:42:28 am »
   1. YELLOW URKA-GURKAS--Dog runs around the house and hides under furniture while making a prolonged 'uuuurka-guuurka, uuurka-guuurka' noise (this noise is the only thing guaranteed to wake up a true dog lover who is hung over from a post-dog show celebration at 3:30 am). After mad scrambling to capture the dog and drag him outside, the episode ends with an indelible ten-yard line of slimy yellow froth from the living room rug to the back door.

2. BLAP DISEASE--Dog exercises hard and a) eats large mouthfuls of snow (Winter Blap Disease) or b) drinks a bucket of water (Summer Blap Disease). Within 2 minutes of returning inside, the dog spews out large amounts of clear slimy liquid while making a distinctive 'blap' sound and sharp percussive noise as it hits the linoleum.

3. GARKS--Dog suddenly clears his throat with loud and dramatic 'gggaark, gggark,' noises, generally followed by prolonged 'iiikssss' and then loud satisfied smacking noises. There is nothing on the rug. Don't investigate, you don't want to know.

4. RALFS--Apropos of nothing, the dog strolls into the dining room and waits until the innocent dinner guests are all watching him. Then with a single, deep gut-wrenching 'raaaalfff' disgorges the entire week's contents of his stomach on the dining room rug.

5. VARIATION--then he eats it.

In all the above events, the dog is entirely healthy and, indeed, deeply pleased with himself.
-Anonymous

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Re: THE FOUR TYPES OF DOG VOMIT
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 11:46:02 am »
How appropriate... Rocco experienced number 4 followed by Maia with number 5 just last night. :P
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 11:46:49 am »
I'll never look at puppy barf again without a smile ... well, maybe one a couple hours after clean-up duty.  :D
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 11:59:24 am »
How appropriate... Rocco experienced number 4 followed by Maia with number 5 just last night. :P

LOL!  They always think it might stay down better the SECOND time! 

We usually have #1's in my house, but we did have a #4 awhile ago.  My fiance informed me that I should clean up after MY dog, while my mom, who was in town visiting us, didn't even look up from her magazine.  She just said "Use a spatula, it'll come up easier".  Hmmm, can you tell she has dogs too?

(BTW - the spatula?  Totally works!)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 12:15:38 pm by grumpybunny »
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 12:01:51 pm »
LOL. Spatula - I wonder if you put salt on the slime first then use the spatula will it be easier to get up - like when you have to clean a broken egg off the floor.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 12:05:48 pm »
LOL. Spatula - I wonder if you put salt on the slime first then use the spatula will it be easier to get up - like when you have to clean a broken egg off the floor.

I don't know, I will have to try that!  I guess it is called a spatula - one of those things you might use to flip pancakes with?  Is that what those are called? 

(You obviously don't ever want to come to dinner at my house.  Not only do I not know what that thing is called, you KNOW where it has been.)  ;D

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 12:07:49 pm »
That is what it is called - the flat thingy for flippin' burgers, pancakes etc... and great when used with salt to clean up egg = spatula

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 12:09:29 pm »
That is what it is called - the flat thingy for flippin' burgers, pancakes etc... and great when used with salt to clean up egg = spatula

Thanks.   :D

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 12:13:59 pm »
Hey, I've used a spatula on a particularly mushy in-house mess that came from the other end of the barfing side and it worked pretty darn good.  A mess in that state never cleaned up so quickly and so well. 
And before you ask (because I know someone will    :P ) ... no, the spatula wasn't returned to the kitchen.  :D
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

Anakalia

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 12:21:39 pm »
I know the #1's way too well.  Koby does that about 4 times a week, after he eats grass!  You would think after doing this 20 or so times he'd learn grass = Urka Gurka's, he's such a smart boy! ::)

Last night I was getting ready to jump into bed when realizing there was puke scattered all over our down comforter, yeah that made me soooo happy! I'll post in another thread about this incedent! lol

Andi

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 12:23:47 pm »
My cat is the biggest offender of #3. I think she is belemic.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 12:57:43 pm »
We are No. 1 and No. 5 :)  too funny

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 01:03:03 pm »
We are GREAT friends with #1... maybe once a week, but we refer to it as "The Washing Machine"  First time I heard it, was on the way home from the breeder.  It literally sounds like a Washing Machine!  ;D
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 01:20:01 pm »
Cody is ALL about #2, summer version. Also he does summer BLAP during winter season as well..   ???  >:(

Nikki.. i dunno about nikki yet... only a week w/ her.. time will tell...  :-\

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2005, 01:39:37 pm »
Yes I am familiar with the number 1 and the number 5. But number 1 is by far the worst one EVER. It is soo smelly and slimy..ewwww that is why i bought what I consider and dog owners dream and must have, if you have carpet in your house. It is the bissel little green machine (steam cleaner). It is portable small, and cleans up those mishaps in a matter of 5 minutes. Harley was sick last month and did #1 and pooped in her den and it ran put onto the carpet, well I pulled out that little machine and poof mess gone as well as the putred smell, and no stain on the carpet.  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)