Author Topic: Mastiff's rule!!  (Read 7725 times)

Offline ker chunk

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Mastiff's rule!!
« on: March 08, 2005, 03:04:16 pm »
Yes!!  Thanks for adding the great and wonderful Mastiff!!!!!!!    :D
Valerie the Varmint
owned by Mama Cass - English Mastiff
and Mr. Higgins - Newfoundland

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Mastiff's rule!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 03:08:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum. I think that Mastiffs are great dogs too. So, tell us about yours? How many? Ages? Do you have any pictures to share?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ker chunk

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 03:23:01 pm »
Mama Cass (Cassie) is 3 1/2 years old.  We have had her since she was 9 weeks old.  She is the best dog I have ever had.  We were looking to rescue one, but we fell in love with a Newfoundland named Mr. Higgins and rescued him.  Both of these dogs are great with my 2 1/2 year old son who thinks of them as his own personal step ladders!  We are wanting to get another Mastiff, but we will have to get a bigger house first.   :o  I like Mastiff's because of their laid back lifestyles.  It fits mine! :)  Everyone I know likes Cassie, even my sister who hates all dogs!  I have been thinking about training her to be a therapy dog.  I think she would love to go to hosptals and nursing homes.  She is very gentle and loves everyone!  Here is a picure of both of my dogs.....
Valerie the Varmint

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 03:47:11 pm »
What beautiful babies you have there. They really look great together!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Hour3suns

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 05:10:30 pm »
Thank you for adding the Mastiffs!  Toby is our 2nd EM.  We rescued Sunny I guess about 7 years ago and he was with us for a couple of years before he died.   Now we have Toby, who is 1 1/2.  We were looking to rescue another EM, but that didn't pan out.  We were, however, lucky to find Tilly, a St. Bernard.  She is truly a character and has many quirks, but we love her completely.  I can't say that we only have the big dogs, though.  My princess is Molly, our 9 yr old Mini Dach.  Of course, she rules the doggie roost and is bigger than the others!

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon

Offline ker chunk

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 09:03:09 am »
Sharon - Do you have any pictures of your babies!  I would love to see them.  I love dachshund's!  And I can totally believe that she rules the other dogs.  They have the best "I'm the biggest dog around" attitude!     ;)
Valerie the Varmint

Offline dianejoseph3605

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 10:02:07 am »
Yes!!  Thanks for adding the great and wonderful Mastiff!!!!!!!    :D
;D
 ::)love the breed I can't stop @ 1
here  is a pic of 1 of my babies :P

Offline barnzi2000

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 10:14:25 am »
Yes, mastiff's do rule! I am a first-time mastiff mommy. Belle is almost 5 months old. Looking for ways to connect with other mastiff folks!

Peace, all!

Offline Mastiffives

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 10:36:31 am »
 :) Hello.... Got to add my Mastiff to the listing..."Diva"  She a year old,  she lives up to her name as well. (Spoiled  ::)) She's my first, but not my last!
I have truly fallen for this breed...  I used to show Dobies, Boxers.. But I think my showing days are done... and I would also like to make Diva into a theraphy dog.  This seems to be this breeds calling (IMO) they CRAVE human touch. :-X    She lives with my very old Boxer Harley, which Harley is 15 yrs old.   

Offline mzwright

• Gnawer
  • Zues
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 08:41:10 am »
Hello Mastiff Lovers!! ;D
Just wanted to share my baby boy!  His name is Zeus, and he’s the light of my life.  I rescued him his mother and siblings 7 years ago from a mean old man tho was arrested for animal cruelty, YAY!!  I found great homes for all his siblings but his mother was way to sick to give away. Anyhow long story short everything worked out great.  I’m not sure if he’s mixed with anything. The vet’s don’t seem to know.  He definitely has Dogue de Bordeaux in him but he’s a little small, only 120 now,  we have to keep his weight down for his hips. Thanks for letting me share!
Jess
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 08:49:56 am by mzwright »

Offline Button

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • kites-mastiffs
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 06:57:35 am »
Hello everyone,
   Well I love the english mastiffs I have 2 females, 1 male and one of my females just had 13 puppies 2 days ago. I can't wait to see what colors they will end up being. I also own 2 great danes and a mutt thats part german shepard. lol I'm a dog person. I dont think I could ever handle a small dog anymore with there hyper attitudes. When I figure out how to add a picture in here i'll post a picture of the puppies.
 Button