Author Topic: Grieving Collie - Any suggestions, please!  (Read 59017 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Grieving Collie - Any suggestions, please!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 12:23:48 pm »
Please know that our hearts go out to you and your fur babies.  :(
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Rufiesmom

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 12:27:13 pm »
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm sure they are in a happy place together.

Offline aedingto

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 12:27:22 pm »
  :'( I'm so very sorry for your loss.  It was bad enough that Buck passed, but to have your other dog Gypsy go too must be heartbreaking, but know that Gypsy is with Buck and happy now and maybe that will help you.  I love my Snickers so much I can't even tolerate thinking about losing her.  I had a cocker spaniel for 17 years that passed away 5 years ago.  It took me 4 years to get another dog.  I will never forget Cadbury and now that I have another I worry constantly about something happening to her.  Get a new puppy or dog when you are ready and start to love again.  My prayers are with you.

Offline CenturionPits

• Gnawer
  • All of my dogs. 4 who live with me.
    • View Profile
    • Centurion Pits
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2005, 12:33:44 pm »
It is definately hard to lose them after having them for so long.  We have lost a dog at 3 months one at 3years one at 15 and one was a cocker spaniel very very loving and outgoing and regretfully had to be put down at 23.  It isnt easy but know she is in a happier place now where she wont have to grieve or suffer.  Very very sorry for your loss.  I dojnt know what I would do without my little monsters running around here.
The home of Centurion Pits.  Showing and breeding pits since 2005.  Rescuing since 2002'

Offline jeannie

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2005, 12:36:56 pm »
I believe this may be my first post here.  I am sorry for you loss.  I could not imagine lossing two pets in just a few days.  My prayers are with you and your family.

Rest assured that Gypsy is with her life long friend.  That is where she wanted to be.  Sometimes things don't made any sense to us but someday we will know why....

God bless you.

Offline connolly

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2005, 12:39:47 pm »
Your story has brought tears to my eyes. I feel for your pain truely. When we lost Mac at 14yrs his little buddy Toady was never the same till the day he left for Rainbow Bridge. If you haven't read RB I'll email it to you, it always makes me cry but there is comfort in it. God bless, connolly 
The older I get the less I know

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2005, 12:40:36 pm »
 :'(  I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.  I lost two Newfs last year and had a very similar experience.  My big male went first and my female was inconsulable.  I did get another male Newf but she missed her own pal.    She died six months after the male and I hated to let her go, but I knew her best bud must have needed her more.  I still have my loving rescue and we're planning to get a new baby for him!  The one thing I know for sure is when it is my time to go, I'll be joining my two best loves! 

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
Very sorry for your loss, hugs from a few Newfie pals
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2005, 12:51:59 pm »
We are very sorry for you loss.   I am sure you know that your 2 pups are  playing together again over the Rainbow Bridge without any pain or sickness. 

Hugs from your Newfie friends, Klondike, Madison, Kelso and their human Mom, Anita from NJ

Offline trufflelily

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2005, 12:54:42 pm »
My heart goes out to you.  I am so sorry for your loss.  It is hard enough to lose one--I cannot imagine the pain of losing two at one time.  Anne

Offline mscheif29

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2005, 01:03:16 pm »
even as I write this i am crying. I am soo sorry for your loss I have a 4 month old Rottie that I got a few weeks after my dad passed away and I just could never imagine the day I have to say goodbye to her. My thoughts are with you and know you will find peace eventually knowing that Gypsy and Buck are at Rainbow Bridge together.

Jen

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2005, 01:03:48 pm »
Can't see my reply thru the tears in my eyes.  I just feel so sad for your losses.  It is a sweet sorrow to know in your heart that they are together and watching over you and your husband, thankful of the happy lives they lived in your care.  I hope that you will carry with you all the happy memories these wonderful creatures have blessed you with.

Jen

Offline pdoxsys

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2005, 01:09:29 pm »
Connie,

I feel your pain, I am really sorry, I can't imagine how to double the grief, I lost my baby, my heart over a month ago, and I thought that was the worst, but I guess it wasn't. so sorry..

Pyrinround

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2005, 01:12:00 pm »
Oh Connie, I am so sorry.  What a terrible week this has been for you.  If there can be any consolation for you, it is to know that Buck and Gypsy are very happy now, frolicking in the meadows of the Rainbow Bridge.  Try to focus on that.
Please accept my most sincere condolences.
 :'(

Lynda and Cruz (the Wonder-Pyr)

Offline Ravensbrooke

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2005, 01:12:56 pm »
I am so very sorry for your loss... I have heard of circumstances like this many, many times...I know without a shadow of a doubt our babies suffer loss and go through grief as we do.  My borzoi breeder lost her 13 year old sweet girl last December, and Lance, her 9 year old boy was inconsolable.  He died within a month despite everything she could do for him.  Just quit eating and grief overtook him because there was absolutely nothing wrong with him before losing her Tessa.

I lost my sweet Irish Wolfhound male to osteosarcoma last July and even today, I am still trying to come to terms with it.  A friend of mine told me that for you to love a dog so much, you have to understand that the grief will be just as intense...I guess that's probably true...

I hope you can find some comfort in the near future of your memories and the life you shared with your two furkids...

With deepest sympathy,
Kathy Brooke

Offline Jennygirl

• Gnawer
  • Benny (from heavan) 4 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2005, 01:15:14 pm »
http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

this is where our pets go "the rainbow bridge" Im am so sorry this has happened. Was the collie sick before this..
Again im sorry
Jenny
jenny/Benny/Teesha
and my forever dog Bruno!