Author Topic: Grieving Collie - Any suggestions, please!  (Read 59008 times)

Offline Gerty

• Gnawer
  • The average dog is nicer than the average person
    • View Profile
Re: Grieving Collie - Any suggestions, please!
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2005, 03:32:24 pm »
I'm soo sorry for you.  Having lost a bloodhound who was "my love" not more than a year ago, I can relate to your loss, but not your dog's, as my second dog, a bassett did not grieve as much as I did.  Maybe a new puppy would help.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.  I hope your Collie bounces back soon.

:'(

Gerty, Caper and Cheryl

Offline bigdoglover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2005, 03:40:29 pm »
i am so so sorry for your loss of both of your beloved pets. i too am sitting here crying my eyes out for you-i can not imagine what losing both of them must feel like for you-the loss of one was hard enough but two-i just have no words. i have told a few people how poor gypsy felt about losing buck and how strong their bond must have been-and now to read this-i am so sorry. i lost my sharpei just two weeks ago and the pain is still there even though i still have my wonderful lab. i was feeling kind of badly that my lab didn't seem all that upset on the loss of her sister but now i am glad she doesn't. i hope you find some comfort soon and as bad as you feel now it will get better. i still get weepy and esp. when i hear of another person losing their beloved furry friend but each day it gets a little better. i know these are just words right now but i hope you can find some kind of comfort for your loss in knowing that we know how hard this is and we are here to listen and support you the best we can. i hope buck and gypsy are playing with my shadow right now.

Marcy

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2005, 04:05:34 pm »
I am so very sorry to hear of your losses. I know how bad it hurts and what an empty feeling it brings. On the 12th, my tiny 6 pound Japanese Chin died, we didnt know why, but yesterday found out she had been poisoned along with my GSD and Chinese Pug, fortunately they only became slightly ill :(. I have read and re-read the Rainbow Bridge and it helps me to know thay she and your babies are running their and playing and waiting on us to join them someday.

Offline raaleppo

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Raaleppo Saint Bernards
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2005, 04:07:43 pm »
This most be such a frustrating time
Sounds  there was a incredible bond there
My thought are with you
Ann Oppelaar

Offline luv4filas2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2005, 04:26:28 pm »
Connie, I am so sorry for your loss of both dogs.  I know they are romping together at the bridge, I believe she came to say goodbye to you also and to help ease your heart when she left.

Offline tamiart

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2005, 04:33:55 pm »
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. That's so sad. My friend thinks maybe an Animal Communicator and Holistic Consultant may help. Her name Betty Lewis, her email is pawsreflect@earthlink.net and her telephone number is 1-603-673-3263. My friend has used her several times with good success. Good luck to you and your Collie.

TyAnne

Offline Luckybark

• Gnawer
  • Lost Horizon's Jewel of Firate
    • View Profile
    • LBK Miniatures and Anatolians
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2005, 05:16:33 pm »
I am so sorry for your loss.  I know your pain well as I lost 3 older dogs last year.  They are together now over the rainbow bridge. 

Donna Kazman
Donna K
LBK Miniatures and Anatolians

Offline Sullysmoms

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2005, 05:47:14 pm »
I am so sorry.  What a lovely story of loyalty and the love that dogs can give and share.  Tragic, and sad... but very touching.  {{{ hugs to you and your family }}}  :'(

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2005, 07:34:17 pm »
I am so sorry! My heart goes out to you.  I will definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Offline stormybc

• Gnawer
  • My boys, Parnell the Newf and Kobi
    • View Profile
    • ^Beau's^ Memorial Site
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2005, 07:42:53 pm »
Connie, I am so sorry to read about your losses.  I cried when I read about ^Buck^ and then to hear of ^Gypsy^ :(...I found it too much... so I cannot even imagine what you must be feeling.   I lost my Newfy ^Beau^, almost 4 years ago and I still cannot say his name out loud without crying.  You must take the time you need to grieve.  Your heart is full of pain and must be breaking and there is nothing we can do to help you except be here for you when you need us. The two sound like they were inseparable... and now they are together again.  You have two wonderful furangels to watch over you and the rest of your family.
Sending you gentle hugs
Carrie

A dear friend of mine who supported me through my loss wrote the following....I am a bridgemom...I hope you don't mind my sharing this with you.....

Bridgemom

When asked why I wore a “Rainbow” pin,
 “I’m a Bridgemom”, I explained to him.
 “Whatever does ‘a Bridgemom’ mean?
 That’s the oddest word I’ve ever seen.”
 A Bridgemom misses an angel…..with fur
 or perhaps with feathers…...a him or a her.
 A Bridgemom is one who knows the love
 Of a precious furchild lent from above.
 A Bridgemom saves bits and pieces of hair,
 Lovingly collected from the cloth of a chair….
 She may have a scrap of a little clipped nail,
 Or fluff that was saved from a big fuzzy tail.
 She remembers lullabyes softly sang,
 And around her neck a locket may hang.
 A Bridgemom will cry at the drop of a hat….
 From the smell of “this”….or the sound of “that”.
 Maybe a blankie or a coat of red
 Lays every night at the foot of her bed.
 She has pictures on most every wall…..
 And a precious, well-used tennis ball.
 She may tend a grave or hug an urn…
 And glimpse her angel at every turn.
 A Bridgemom remembers each little bark,
 Each and every walk in the park.
 She remembers a piggy who uttered a purr
 Each time his Mom touched his silky fur.
 The chirp of a bird…each tiny “mew”,
 The first time they met….she remembers that, too.
 Bridgemoms dry each others tears…..
 Embrace their hopes and calm their fears.
 Every Bridgemom bears a scar on her heart…
 The piece that’s missing….it covers that part.
 With an aching heart she remembers the day
 When her forever baby went away……..
 Whether bird or dog or lizard or cat……
 Oh yes, every Bridgemom remembers that……..
 For every Bridgemom,
 ‘Mo’s Mom Carol
 August 21, 2002

Offline ARCH10

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2005, 07:47:40 pm »
I know how you feel I lost A cat that I had for four years, we were gone two days % kid next door was taking care of things including feeding & watering Dog & Cat & when we got back tabby our beloved cat was missing we never found her. it was like losing a child. I morned for about 6 months Is this normal   ARCH 10

Offline ARCH10

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2005, 07:50:01 pm »
I know how you feel I lost A cat that I had for four years, we were gone two days % kid next door was taking care of things including feeding & watering Dog & Cat & when we got back tabby our beloved cat was missing we never found her. it was like losing a child. I morned for about 6 months Is this normal   ARCH 10

Offline mastiffwanter

• Gnawer
  • My small paw friend and I want a big pawed friend
    • View Profile
    • Bow Wow Links
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2005, 08:03:10 pm »
I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that you find peace as soon as possible, even if that means finding a new dog to help you get through the grieving and hopefully bring some life back into your life. Good Luck! Let us know if you need anything. They are in a better place. Take Care
Staci
:-\
~Staci

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2005, 08:42:12 pm »
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown...

Offline wolfloneshadow

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2005, 08:45:48 pm »

My deepest sympathies go to you and your husband for your losses.  Both dogs are in a far better place now where nothing can hurt them.  I know they will be in your hearts forever. I'll say a prayer for them both tonight.

Bev
"An it harm none...Do as you will"