Author Topic: Grieving Collie - Any suggestions, please!  (Read 59028 times)

Offline amajac

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Grieving Collie - Any suggestions, please!
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2005, 09:32:51 pm »
Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Cheryl and her firkids, Saint Austin, Mr. Spock, Smokey, Warlock and Mouse
Cheryl Hain
Amajac

Offline britt_cllns

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2005, 09:42:10 pm »
This is the saddest and yet the most remarkable thing.  If only people loved the way animals do...our world would be so different.  My prayers and best wishes to you and your family at this difficult time. :(

Offline DreamTimeNewfs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • DreamTime Newfoundlands
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2005, 09:55:42 pm »
You are in my thoughts and prayers. :'(
Renee Robinson
DreamTime Newfoundlands
Home of the Bears

Offline plotthound

• Gnawer
  • Tonda- left for the Rainbow Bridge in 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2005, 10:26:25 pm »
I had 2 rotties, [Tonda & Rosie->] one a part dobie that was a rescue and attached herself to Tonda. When Tonda died Rosie was in pain for the longest time. They are now in heaven together ever since Rosie's hips gave out on her. The night Rosie was put down, I had had a dream of them playing with my other 2dogs that I remember nicely from my childhood.....
Love,
Ashley
Our babies never leave us; they just go on vacation till we join them.....

Offline Droolyyrs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2005, 11:57:02 pm »
 :-[Godpseed to both Buck and Gypsy... know that you will meet them at the Rainbow Bridge someday...I have lost 2 newfs and my sammie in the last 3 years...it is never easy.
Newfie Kisses to all!
Tara
Orion (Nealla's Black Thunder Orion)
Murtaugh (Blackwatch's Blackhawk Sirius)

Blackbeard's Black Thunder (gone to the brdge)
Boomer the 2nd newf rescue (gone to the bridge)
Justin the sammie that thought he was a newf (gone to the bridge)

Offline bernie

• Gnawer
  • greetings from mcmurphy's castle
    • View Profile
    • st.bernard kennel of mcmurphy's castle
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2005, 03:52:49 am »
I really feel for you ,you must be heartbroken but a puppy would not be a bad thing.
Give it some time but think about it.
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds
discuss people."

Offline jim

• Gnawer
  • big bud
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2005, 06:57:59 am »
my deepest condolences, memories fade but love is everlasting.
may they be blessed to be together. be strong in this hard time.
jim n bud

Offline nandoz777

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2005, 09:34:41 am »
I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I know that this is after the fact but maybe it will help you or another person reading this.

Our Great Pyernees, died of a stomach mass in the fall and we were heartbroken, he was only 7 and had been in great health. We watched him die over about 6 weeks. His best friend was our Rottie who immediately began grieving for him and we feared losing her as well. A friend advised us to look on Petfinder.com and see if we could locate a new companion for her right away. At first we thought that this was disrespectful of Bear and realized that he would not want her to suffer.

My husband took her down with him to meet the one that we selected and they sniffed and checked each other out and she climbed into the van, looked over her shoulder at him as if to say "well are you coming with me?" and he hopped in. My husband had to go do the paperwork and make the journey home. It pulled her out of it and this has really helped us all.

We still miss Bear, and our first dog, and know that they are together and looking down on us. We rescued our Walker Coonhound, nothing like my Bear. He had been in the shelter for 28 days after he and his sister, both 2.5, were given away due to family health issues. Our Rottie had lost her best friend. They are very good for each other and a new bond has developed between them.

The pain lessend but never goes totally away, at least for us. Every time I open up a book or a box and find a Bear hear, my heart smiles.

Offline Demi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2005, 10:16:05 am »
Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.  I too lost my Shelite (Hobie) on Christmas day, 1999.  I couldn't be consoled for quite sometime.  He was a major part of my family.  I have moved on and now have other canine and feline "kids".  There isn't a day goes by that my thoughts once again turn to my beloved Hobie.

Please hang in there, and know that our prayers are with you.  One day you will see your sweet babies at the Rainbow Bridge.

God Bless,
Demi
With every moment, you have the opportunity to change things...

Offline Button

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • kites-mastiffs
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2005, 05:05:09 pm »
Sorry to hear of your loss. I know the feeling. My dog had puppies March 29 and there were 13 live puppies and 1 still born. After 4 days all the pups died. At the moment I'm still waiting on lab work to come back to see what the problem was.
Well hopefully your dogs are together and happy running and playing in green pastures.

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
  • Zachary Thomas 1 year old.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2005, 06:45:27 pm »
 :( :( I am so sorry about what you and your family have gone through...I have lost dogs in the past and I know it is bittersweet... sometimes it is better for them to go...but it doesn't make it any easier...I am truley sorry again...my prayers are with you...

remember you now have two angles up there on your side... :) :)

Christi
my dog is my best friend, he listens when no one else will and licks away my tears....you can not lie to your dogs they can see right into your soul, and they will love you no matter what they see there.

GR8DAME

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2005, 07:40:28 pm »
My heart grieves for you and your two fur babies. You gave them the best life possible while they were here and they now wait in a better place for you.
Stella

Offline brees34488

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2005, 09:24:18 am »
here is a message my dog left for me,hope this helps you out.Sorry about your loss..I got to the gate of heaven today,
after we said goodbye
I began to miss you terribly,
because I heard you cry.
Suddenly there was an angel,
and she asked me to enter heaven's gate.
I asked her if I could stay right outside
for someone who would be late.
The angel said I could stay right here
and wait for you to come,
because heaven just wouldn't be heaven
if I went in alone.
So I'll wait right here,
you take your time,
but keep me in your heart,
because heaven just wouldn't be heaven
without you to warm my heart...

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2005, 04:06:01 pm »
I am so sorry for the loss of both your beloved dogs, Buck and Gypsy. I cannot imagine what you are going thru to have lost them both right after each other. We had to put our dear family little girl Maddie down and within a year our sweet rescued girl Luna died of heart failure in my arms (she had a heart condition). Losing both so close was so very hard, so my heart completely goes out to you and your family.

My advice to you is, do not hold back on any of your grief. I think sometimes we feel as tho we shouldn't grieve so thoroughly over our pets. Either that or friends or family members who don't understand can make us feel that way. Nevermind any thoughts you have or suggestions from others that you should 'get over it.' I have lost many loved ones, human and animal, and I have grieved the hardest over my pets. We are closer to them than we will be to most people we know. We are with them everyday, sometimes all day long, and they love us so thoroughly and unconditionall y that it makes the loss even harder. So take your time, and grieve as much as you need to. And when you're ready, I would suggest getting a new pup. Let that dog bond to you, then in a year or two, get another one. I, like some others on here, feel it is vital to have more than one dog in the house at all times as well. They truly need the canine companionship as well, as you have seen for yourself. Then with the second dog, make sure you take it out and have time just for the two of you so it bonds with you as well and not just the other dog. This will also help.

My great grandmother died of tuburculosis (sp?) in the 60s. She had been quaranteened for some time before her death. The morning she died, they woke her husband and told him that she was gone. They made Daddy Drew breakfast, but he didn't touch a thing, and just sat there. Then he said he was going to go lay down for awhile. This man, who was in perfectly good help, laid back on his bed, stretched his arms out wide, and died. It is amazing what the power of love can do, and how it can spare us the pain of being without the ones we love. Buck and Gypsy are together forever now, probably running thru fields, chasing squirrels and taking naps in the sun. =)

Offline neomum

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2005, 08:00:46 pm »
OH MY GOSH!!! that is such tragic news!! Our heart goes out 2 u ...Poor Gypsy she must have been beside herself and was grieving with such sadness..at least her and Buck are together now....and forever!! I bet u they are having a WOW of a time....@ lose both of your babies at once....I just couldnt imagine it...keep your chin up!!
Our Thoughts Are With You....
Bec and my many furry loved ones