Author Topic: Maxwell has the "lovin" feeling. Too bad it's for me!!!  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
Maxwell has the "lovin" feeling. Too bad it's for me!!!
« on: September 01, 2005, 07:40:46 am »
Well last night was quite interesting.  You see Maxwell has been fixed since he was 5 months old.  Last night he would not stob trying to "love" my leg!!!!  He almost never does this but last night he was in the "mood"...  My husband was laughing and I was freaking.  I know it's not a sexual thing and more of a dominance thing but it was pretty funny.   My cat was extraordinaril y affectionnate too last night.  I told my hubby that it was love mommy day at our house.  I don't think Maxwell has figured out that I'm the boss.  He's still trying to test me.  Anybody out there that had this issue??

Anakalia

Re: Maxwell has the "lovin" feeling. Too bad it's for me!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 07:46:46 am »
HAHAHAAA!!  I'm sorry but that is soooo funny!!  The pets were making their own holidy LOVE Mommy Day, it sounds like Maxwell took it too seriously tho. lol  Koby did the "humping" thing too when he was around 8 months.  I freaked out and within 2 days I had him neutered.  I got him when he was 7 months so I KNOW it was a dominance thing.  The only thing I would suggest is make him stop as soon as you see him doing this, then a command like sit or down to prove you are the one in control.  I'm not a trainer or dog professional by any means so I could be wrong but it's just a suggestion.  Anyway once Koby got "snipped" (I really hate that word) he didn't do the humping thing anymore.  Good luck, he still a puppy so he'll get over his literal affection for you. lol

Andi

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 08:21:49 am »
Yeah, a great dane hump wouldn't be a good thing.  Someone could get hurt.  Ha Ha.  Well maxwell is back to "normal" today so I think it was just the mood he was in.  Don't worry, I put a stop to it pretty fast.  A humping Saint Bernard is hard to ignore!!  HA HA.  160 lbs of fur love, no thanks!!  My Cocker Spaniel is 12 and deaf and he has been neutured since 6 months old.  He humps Maxwell like almost every night.  It's pretty funny seeing a 25 lb dog trying to hump a 160 lb dog.  (My dog Duke swings both ways.  Ha Ha!)

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 08:27:40 am »
HAHAHAHAAA!!  Maybe Maxwell is learning a certain behavior from your other LOVE muffin. lol  I know it shouldn't be funny, but ......it is.  I really hope it was just a one time thing!

Andi

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 06:46:15 am »
Ah! Love is in the air!...lol! :D