Author Topic: OEM's and Beef  (Read 6577 times)

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
OEM's and Beef
« on: January 19, 2007, 01:06:21 pm »
I have found that Lucah doesn't do too well with beef products. I talked to a couple at the dog park with an OEM who said the same thing about their mastiff.

I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue with their OEM?

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: OEM's and Beef
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 09:56:36 am »
don't know about OEM's and beef, but i know tuna makes my danes barf super quick!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 05:35:37 pm »
Harley obviously isn't a mastiff but he also has issues with beef.  It makes his skin dry and itchy.  He has been on a few different foods duck and potatoe and now chicken and rice.  It makes his fur much shinier also.

Best of luck with your baby - he is soooo cute!!

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 08:21:11 pm »
We just stick with lamb and rice so I havent had that problem

marypyrs

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 08:50:31 pm »
Just my own thoughts.  :-\ But I always take into account = what's gone into that meat in the dog food. Freshly prepared/homemade dog food. Or the raw fed dog diet. Gotta think what those feed lot cattle and such are fed. etc. etc. I know. I'm fussy. But I feed only organic, locally raised, meats and poultry. I won't feed my guys what I wouldn't want to eat myself. Holy Cow! ! I sound like a real Pain In The Neck! Sorry Guys! :'( Didn't mean to come across like that.

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 01:28:33 am »
Jager can only have it in small bits and I'm talking like a piece the size of my thumb and thats it! Otherwise he's tossing it back with water and kibble!!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline karateblossom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • skin and fur family of many children from ages 5 to 14 living at home; and eng mastiff named odin and a siamese named april. we are like alvin and the chipmunks meet garfield!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 02:47:56 am »
no problems at all with beef.  I'm a pretty simple person and I don't fuss too much about stuff.  I had a springer who couldn't tolerate ham or beef (diarrea) but odin eats our leftover steak n bones w/out issue.  ;-)  he looks fabulous and is a great size and healthy as a 'horse'...we kept his diet pure during his first 2 yrs but have slowly tested his tolerance of human stuff (meat, vegetables, etc).  he has no skin issues, clean ears, clean poo.....I wouldn't think the problem is a mastiff issue but I would check w/ my vet if I were u, as there me be an allergy (like in my springer to ham and beef). 
karma is kewl!