Author Topic: Drool  (Read 11292 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Drool
« on: September 02, 2005, 12:09:40 pm »
Ok I have never had a drooly dog and Dilbert didn't use to drool that much but now that he is getting older he is a drool macine! And it is turning even more slimy by the day! Does this happen as they get older? Makes sense but I thought I had the good life, I would brag that he didn't drool, well didn't that come back to bite me in the butt  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Drool
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 12:32:12 pm »
:)  our girls drooled more the older they got...and get. 
Have a drool rag handy at all times. 

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 12:32:50 pm »
Tenchi didn't drool until he was a little over a year.  I was so happy, then I was like.. "What is going on???  I thought I was in the clear!!!"  lol  Needless to say, he seems to drool more the older he gets.   :-\  Luckily its not too bad unless he's drinking....  anyone know what to put under a water dish that will soak up the gallons spilled onto the floor and put it back INTO the bowl?  If so, I'd love to get it!  ;)
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 12:33:26 pm »
I live in Drool! As I walked into our office just now I noticed dried drool with hair stuck on it on the office door ::)

Our Bella has not been much of a drooler...she is more tight lipped. But Rocco is such a drooler that he makes up for the drool Bella doesnt have!  He's almost 6 months and has been drooling since we got him.  We had to buy a bib, because when he drools it mats his chest hair. The bib does seem to help. Other than that, we carry drool rags with us, and boy they come in handy!  Rocco seems to drool more when he is excited or hot.  Either way, we live in drool around here. Drool and dog hair, but when you have News, that's to be expected :)
Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 12:36:52 pm »
Pippin really doesn't drool yet but has the proper Great Pyr mouth...It isn't slack..Sammy has big ol' lovable loose lower lips & drools like crazy at times!...I love it!...I guess Sammy has an "improper" mouth! :o...lol!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 12:41:12 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 12:38:56 pm »
:)  our girls drooled more the older they got...and get. 
Have a drool rag handy at all times. 
Peggy

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 12:41:13 pm »
oooopps, meant to post "My husband says that when he starts drooling, just shoot him. :'(  Don't think I could do that, heehee
Peggy

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 12:44:22 pm »
Uh-Oh - you guys are freaking me out!   :o

Riley doesn't drool... I mean at all (knock on wood!)  But now that I'm reading your posts... I have a feeling thats probably going to change as he gets older.  Today is his 1st birthday. 
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 12:45:33 pm »
Ranger must have inherited his mouth from the non-St. Bernard side of his mixture....  he doesn't really drool so far.

He does do the thing where water pours out of both sides of his mouth after he drinks, though.  And the thing where after he drinks he runs into the living room, (or wherever you are), and shakes his head so that water sprays the entire room.  Then he runs around the room, using the edge of the couch and chair as his personal napkin.....   ;D 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 12:48:24 pm »
Sunshine Bear is only half pyrenees, but I haven't seen a drop of drool from this guy in the month that he has lived with me. My lovely boyfriend claims the dog has "no jowls". Time will tell in his new ...ahem ...Canadian home....
 ;)
Zoot is a drrroooler... when he is hungry or after visiting the water bowl. It hasn't gotten worse as he got older, or at least not since he has been full grown. Nigel is the King Drooler of the house for sure. If he's going to get worse as he gets older I am in big trouble!!! He seems to drink a lot of water but honestly I think his jowls are so loose it makes it hard for water to stay in that mouth of his. He trails it all over the place. I am way over being grossed out by it and I skip the whole "drool rag" thing and wipe his mouth with my bare hand, and from there my clothes are pretty much the drool rag.
 ;D

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 12:50:21 pm »
Don't read that wrong, I fouled it all up.  My husband was joking about him drooling from old age - not shooting the dog.  Nevermind, I'll start over and just buy my husband a bib.
Peggy

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 12:55:10 pm »
LOL Dilbert started with the water pouring out of his mouth, now at 8 months almost 9 his lips are starting to hang and he drools. he'll be sitting by me and I'l feel the wetting on my leg feet. where ever it likes to land.  :) and I don't bother to pet under his chin anymore, it's all wet!  :D But I love him just the same. I started a new song for him to the tune of I'm jsut a Love machine, now it's I'm just a drool machine and I won't drool for nobody but you
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 12:58:00 pm »
I love drool kings Pic! And sunshine bear is adopted! Woo hooo, so he is being transported to Canada? I'm sure he'll love it here!  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline SPIKESMOMMY

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 01:24:24 pm »
With Spike it is the worst when he drinks but he does drool some times on his own he got some poor little girl that was trying to give him smooches he left a goober from her chin to the top of her head. I just used his bandana to wipe it off. And kept apologizing to her mom.

Rachael and Spike

Offline 3snotenough

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Rhonda's Newfies
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 01:32:20 pm »
Triton didn't drool at all his first year....he is now 3 ;)