Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina  (Read 6952 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2005, 06:11:37 am »
I do agree that the government was slow in sending aid and reinforcements, but they are coming now. We can't rely on the government for everything. This is our city, our state and our country. We have to be able to step in and offer assistance wherever we can. We have to get out of the mentality of "just looking out for myself" and start looking out for each other. I think out of this tragedy a lot of people might realize that and, hopefully, it will stick with them. We saw it with Sept. 11th and we are going to see it now.

Even if thousands of government officials flooded new orleans right after the hurricane hit, the devastation and destruction would still be there. People still would have died, People still would have been stranded. How do you organize instantly for something like this? At most, they would have had 2 days to organize thousands of personnel from several different agencies. We thought this was going to hit Florida until it suddenly turned on Saturday and the storm hit Sunday night. Late Sunday night I thought we were going to get the worst of it 50 miles west of New Orleans and New Orleans would have been hit bad, but not destroyed. The storm turned again. You can never predict something like this.

We have to focus on the future and what can be done on a daily, even hourly basis now instead of on the past and what wasn't done. When this is all over, I'm sure the government will learn from their mistakes.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

ann

Re: Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2005, 09:01:48 am »

i realy don't think now is the time to play the blame game..i don't think our goverment just sat back and said lets see how bad it gets before we send help.i think there was a big lack of comunaction... i still  can't believe how  horrible it is i  made a care packet yesterday and took it to the drop point, thier was so many people dropping things off it was great to see so many people care.......... .....

ann