Author Topic: My rescue journey into New Orleans  (Read 15662 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: My rescue journey into New Orleans
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2005, 12:43:18 pm »
You're doing great. Hope you can get others out. Within the next 2 days, there should be many groups in the area to get animals out. Unfortunately they are starting with the ones left in animal clinics, homes and apartments, and not out looking for the roamers, until the others are evacuated. So, if you can get pick up a roamer along the way you would be saving an animal.

Thanks for doing so much. I wish we lived closer, we'd do the same.

Hopefully someone will come back for that beautiful Aussie. Keep us posted with pics of the animals. Let us know if any need foster homes or will be up for adoption. I'll bet alot of us BPO's will be game to help with that end. ;)

Deena

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2005, 12:47:45 pm »
Surprisingly enough, when we were in Metairie and Kenner last Saturday, I didn't see any "roamers". Don't know if that was because they were all too scared to come out or because not many were left behind. I'm sure it is different in downtown New Orleans.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2005, 12:50:05 pm »
I hope it's because they have all been picked up and are out of harms way!  Fingers crossed here, and thanks for being there!!!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2005, 12:57:45 pm »
Jeanne, I am so glad you are there.  I have donated money and would help in anyway I can....I would love to foster animals but the distance to Vegas maybe to great.  Just let me know what you need.  I am so glad cops aren't shooting animals.  We had Noah's Wish on the news here last night.  They had places allover Vegas accepting all types of donations and supplies going down to help out all the pets left behind.
Thank you again...you both are truely angels
Timmie 

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2005, 01:16:16 pm »
God bless you and your efforts!
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2005, 01:51:56 pm »
You know, there is something some of you could do for me. I cannot get ahold of the owner of the bichons because our phone lines are not allowing us to call long distance. I don't know if their phone lines are down, too, but I could use someone from outside this area to try to call the owner to let her know that her dogs are safe and ask her to call me so I can explain to her the condition they were in. If anyone is willing to do this, please e-mail me at lotzapets@earthlink.net. You may have to spend a couple hours hitting redial to get the call to go through. I know my family and friends from outside Lousiana can get through, but they sometimes have to redial several times to get an un-busy line.

As far as I know Becky & Timothy's mom doesn't even know the dogs are somewhere other than where she left them before the storm.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2005, 01:59:55 pm »
Hey, Jeanne. I just e-mailed you. I had to fill out a request to be added....

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2005, 02:01:24 pm »
I p.m.'d you here at the group Jeanne...Maybe Nicole & I could both try until someone gets them!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2005, 02:08:18 pm »
I also just got back to BPO from emailing jeanne. I am sure someone can get through
RIP former BPO

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2005, 02:14:53 pm »
Whew! Your generosity is overwhelming - and your speed!! I sent Nicole the info., but it doesn't look like our phone lines will be repaired any time soon, so I may need you two as well later on. THanks so much for the offers!

Jeanne

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2005, 02:18:35 pm »
Add me to the list when you need phone help.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2005, 02:52:10 pm »
God bless you Jeanne, the world needs many many more people like you and your husband.  I just wish I was closer so I could help in some way.

God bless all of you for your efforts.