Author Topic: speaking of puppy mills  (Read 2507 times)

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
speaking of puppy mills
« on: September 04, 2005, 09:20:46 am »
I made a stop at the flea market Friday for some lamb bones and clear in the back was this tent full of crates. SO, I walked back to check it out. I was looking at all the cute little puppies back there when I saw the tags on the crates that said different names like Peagle and stuff. All of the dogs in this tent were crossbred - not that I have anything against mutts, sometimes they are the best dogs (I have had some), but this guy was charging $300 - $500 for them.
I am no dog genius here, but I don't know about paying that much money for a dog that isn't papered. Does this thing go on everywhere? And what happens to the poor mutts that nobody buys, do they end up in shelters?

Offline iluvbigdogz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: speaking of puppy mills
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 11:00:38 am »
I was at the vet a few months ago and asked a young lady what kind of dof she had. She was very proud to say "He is a puggle". A puggle as I found out is a pug/beagle. Some other people came and saw him and said "Awww look theres a puggle". I was curious when I got home and looked online. There was 1 site imparticular that had everything you could imagine. All mixes of course but with fancy names. Even a "MINI BOXER" imagine that. There were between 5 and 8hundred dollars. That is a horrible shame! These people obviously care only about $.

Offline Jeska

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 03:18:35 pm »
I was at the vet a few months ago and asked a young lady what kind of dof she had. She was very proud to say "He is a puggle". A puggle as I found out is a pug/beagle. Some other people came and saw him and said "Awww look theres a puggle". I was curious when I got home and looked online. There was 1 site imparticular that had everything you could imagine. All mixes of course but with fancy names. Even a "MINI BOXER" imagine that. There were between 5 and 8hundred dollars. That is a horrible shame! These people obviously care only about $.

Would you be talking about this site maybe? http://www.puppyparadise.com/breed_guide_puppies.html It makes me angry. I mean look at the note on the top "*Note this is not a complete breed guide for all 120 reconized AKC breeds. Rather a listing of all breeds Puppy Paradise have available or can special order."

smohr

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 06:43:04 pm »
I saw a puppy site a week ago, don't remember what it was tho that was advertising MINIATURE MASTIFFS!!  What ?????   ???  That is a SIN! :o
 ::)
 :( >:(

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 06:57:12 pm »
In Kendra's puppy class there was a cute, but mutt looking dog, I found out later it was a $2000 Labradoodle!

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 07:13:17 pm »
a labradoodle ?!?!?! Goodness. Maybe that was it, a Puggle. I don't remember  exactly... regardless, I told my hubby that I wanted to go over and open all the cages and let them go. ha ha ha, I should have.