Author Topic: Zero finally lifted his leg today  (Read 9131 times)

BabsT

Zero finally lifted his leg today
« on: September 05, 2005, 06:07:13 pm »
He is pretty much 10 months to the day...I was like a proud mama LOL...He did it twice but he did also pee while squatting on a grassy area

He also has Pano this week...He had it a while back to the point that I went and got his hips and elbows xrayed...The vet said his orthapedics looks great so it is just round two of the Pano

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Zero finally lifted his leg today
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 06:12:53 pm »
Nigel is 6 months and hasn't lifted his leg to pee yet... and I am glad!!! Fine by me if he wants to be a sissy boy! All the other guys pee on my shrubs and turn them yellow!!! :D

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 06:57:05 pm »
I'm happy for you if you're happy but I hope Rocky never lifts his leg! I've always associated that w/ dogs who "mark" their territory. Is Zero neutered? I think that they also lift their leg to "spray" if they are intact.

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 07:02:08 pm »
Well at least you know now that Zero is a "manly man". Rocky has the "empty sac" syndrome which kinda makes him a "girly man"  :-[

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 07:04:48 pm »
Congratulation s Zero! It is such a big moment the first time your baby lifts his leg!! I was equally as proud of Bear when he did it for the first time.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 08:27:50 pm »
Gunner my male pom does a complete handstand on both front paws and then goes in a circle while he is pee'ing...it is quite funny

Offline Jeska

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 08:55:53 pm »
Haha kinda like a really cute sprinkler  :P

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 09:06:16 pm »
haha, well mine is the opposite.  I have a female who often lifts her leg to pee.  Maybe she is a little mixed up  hee hee. funny :-\ :-\
Peggy

smohr

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 09:24:48 pm »
My male Neapolitan Mastiff would stretch his back leg straight back and pee.  It looked like he was pointing with the wrong leg.   Then he'd snort and walk away.  :)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 05:45:10 am »
Rocco has only lifted his leg once or twice before but yesterday he lifted his leg to pee on the fence (chain link) and the neighbor walked up and stood right where he was peeing.  So, essentially Rocco peed on the little guy.  I'm a bad person so I didn't tell the neighbor that Rocco peed on his idiot dog, does that make me a bad person?   :-\
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 06:22:30 am »
Mojo didn't start lifting his leg until he was like 6 1/2yrs old.  lol  Luckily it has never transferred to inside, just outside.  Faust never has lifted his leg and he's 7yrs old now.  Tenchi did it once on our couch at 4.5months... we got him neutered within days.   ;D  He has yet to lift his leg again!  lol  I bet he's worried we might remove something else.  :o

On the other hand, Ms Superpsycho Zeo lifts her leg all the time!  She has to pee over where everyone else goes.  Then there's Miz Kida B the rat dog.  She doesn't really lift her leg, but she leans pretty far and has to mark over everyone else... even Zeo.   ::)  Gyrl?  She doesn't lift or mark, but I'm lucky if she makes it outside at 13+years.  ;P
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 06:26:23 am »
Samson still doesn't lift his leg...He goes in what my hubby calls the "launch position"(squats but don't call it that to my hubby! :D)...lol!