Author Topic: No one is spoiled at my house  (Read 8047 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: No one is spoiled at my house
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 12:06:27 pm »
LOL Dilbert has that look 24/7 but I think it is too fool me, to melt and give in to hiw everything he wants!
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

smohr

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2005, 12:01:44 am »
 8) I'm hiding my identity, cause I've never let the furkids on the furniture or beds (tho' the kids would try occasionally).  I haven't found a vacuum with suction powerful enough to get out that dane or Neo short, stubby hair from furniture.  I am also leery of all that hair getting in the washing machine and having a repair man cleaning it out every 3 months or so, wondering why I shave my legs over the washing machine  ::)

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2005, 11:56:43 am »
My only digital spoiled dog pics are of Mutt. Lucy's most extreme spoilage happens at my Mom's house though. Nobody spoils kids (2 or 4 legged) like grandma!
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Outside a Dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a Dog it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2005, 01:39:32 pm »
My guys are not allowed on the couches either, however, they are allowed on the bed if they choose.

I think this is funny, b/c we had them stay at a friend's house, and their danes are allowed on the furniture.  Within about 2 minutes, Gunther climbed on their couch and tried to make himself comfortable.  I was shocked.

We do have an old chair they can go on if they want, but since it's in the other room, it never gets used.  Same with the spare room bed.  I guess if we're not using it, it's not good enough.

mcenter

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2005, 01:52:17 pm »
We recently bought leather furniture because its great for wiping off the loogies that Rocky shakes all over the place. There is drool on my pictures hanging on the walls, the entertainment center, anywhere you can imagine....but all 4 dogs are allowed on the couch...Rocky looks like Clifford the Big Red Dog when he sits on the loveseat. Ill have to take a picture next time and post it for you all.

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2005, 02:31:38 pm »
Rocky isn't allowed on the couch, doesn't he listen well? ???

mcenter

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2005, 06:34:22 pm »
hahahhaa, no he's allowed, he just prefers the loveseat.....I dont know why a 152 pound dog would prefer a smaller area...my family thinks I am insane...four big dogs all allowed wherever, whenever....I cant imagine my house without them!!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2005, 10:59:20 am »
Nope, no one is spoiled here either!  No one gets on the couch, or has every toy ever invented.  Nope, not us....
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2005, 11:05:05 am »
No one is giving up all those aforesaid treats they don't really have either.  Look at those eyes!  :)

Nicole

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2005, 11:09:28 am »
What? Its spoiling to let the dogs sleep on the couch with a pillow? Nobody ever told me that!!  ;) ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2005, 11:13:42 am »
I think they think it's spoiling if they let us sit on the couch.

Nicole

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2005, 11:15:56 am »
Lins, you are SO right. Seriously, Mark and I will squish onto the love seat to watch a movie if Cabeza is all stretched out on the couch. We'll both go, "Aww, he's hot! Look how he's all stretched out like that. We can't make him move..."

Of course, the whole time, he's thinkin', "Those stupid people. I do this so they can't sit here! They know they aren't supposed to be on the couch! I'll just let them sit on the love seat..."

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2005, 11:33:27 am »
Of course, the whole time, he's thinkin', "Those stupid people. I do this so they can't sit here! They know they aren't supposed to be on the couch! I'll just let them sit on the love seat..."

Heh heh, too true!  Sometimes when I am on my laptop at night, I will sit on the floor in front of the couch so that I can use the coffee table as a desk.  Ranger will climb up onto the couch behind me (so that he can read over my shoulder, and see if I am saying anything good about him, but also so that he can snurfle my hair and drool down my neck), and I just know he is thinking that this is the way it is supposed to be and that all is right with the world.

When I get back up there afterwards, he is glad to snuggle, but is probably thinking, "OK, Mommy, you can get up here, but JUST THIS ONCE.  And don't tell Daddy!"   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Nicole

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2005, 11:37:52 am »
hahahahaha! Its true! They KNOW they're in charge!