Author Topic: Oh my baby is growing up.  (Read 5790 times)

lins_saving_grace

Oh my baby is growing up.
« on: September 06, 2005, 09:27:32 am »
Grace...found her voice. 
She barked at the neighbor dog Saturday.  She also growled a little...it sounded more like a balloon letting the air out...but it was a growl.
Yesterday she barked a lot at the neighbor truck...and she growled.
My little girl is growing up.

Anakalia

Re: Oh my baby is growing up.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 09:52:10 am »
LOL!!!  I'm so glad she's finding her voice!  I remember the first time I heard Koby bark and growl....... the first night we brought him home actually.  I about crapped myself and was totally terrified, until he came up to me and started giving me kisses! lol  I'm glad your baby girl is growing up!!!

Andi

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 11:57:31 am »
Grace has barked once or twice before...usual ly to get Lady riled up.  But she's just now started talking to the people outside her little world.  I think she was letting Lady do all the gaurding and taking care of things till now.  It's just a little sad to have her learning to be more independent and become a big girl.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 12:46:03 pm »
yeah i know.  you want them to stay babies forever.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 12:48:28 pm »
Awww...that is so cute!!!  Willow growled and barked about a week after I got her.  She lives with mojos who spend  most of their time growling and barking.   I love the deep sound of her bark compared to the mojos yapping.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 12:52:07 pm »
a serious bark and growl is a lot better than a yap.

Grace's first growl was more like the sound of air getting squeezed out of a balloon...that was Saturday night.  Last night it was a serious growl.

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 02:49:35 pm »
ahh... They do grow way too fast

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 03:00:15 pm »
Oh I remember the day Ace found his voice, now I just wish that he would lose it.........LOL, maybe I should hide it on him......lol

Offline Alan

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 03:01:28 pm »
Hello.  How old is you rottie? Grace?  I have a female that is 7 months and ~55lbs.  Is she underweight?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 03:45:55 pm by Alan »

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 05:40:42 am »
That would depend on the dog. Have you taken her to vet? My Felony is 3 months old and 30 lbs, you can see her ribs but she is solid under her belly. But her mom was very small, couldn't have weighed more than 60 lbs.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 09:29:38 am »
Hello.  How old is you rottie? Grace?  I have a female that is 7 months and ~55lbs.  Is she underweight?

Grace is 7 1/2 months old and over 70 pounds.   She's a thick but not fat puppy. :)

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 05:28:53 pm »
Gretchen tries to act like the big guard dog LOL. My mom came over Monday morning to watch Ty and I was letting Gretch out to potty. We didn't see my mom pull in but Gretch saw her car and ran towards it growling and barking. When my mom got out she started up to the house. Gretch saw her and ran back and hid behind me.Some guard dog LOL
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 05:38:27 am »
I tease everyone about my 'killer' guard dog... watch out, the dog might lick you to death!

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 06:53:06 am »
Riley has also started barking at unfamiliar people/noises - not too bad, only once in a while.  But man, it scares the crap outta me - so DEEP!
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

Blair

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 06:54:59 am »
Riley has also started barking at unfamiliar people/noises - not too bad, only once in a while.  But man, it scares the crap outta me - so DEEP!

Thats how Grey is too. He doesnt bark too much [but he is getting there] but when he does I always jump LOL Im just not use to it.